+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rolando McClain

This guy is actually not that good. I can't believe I'm saying this but I would rather have Blackburn than McClain.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Let me pose this question... how does everyone know how good McClain is or isn't?

I find it hard enough to keep up with the NFC East let alone the NFC. I never see the Raiders play nor have the time to watch every team play on Rewind.

I dont see what we have to lose by grabbing the guy? Why not try anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by 53canton View Post
    I dont see what we have to lose by grabbing the guy? Why not try anyway?
    Well, we'd have to cut someone.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Thanks

The negative to drafting players out of Alabama: Everyone around them is good, they cover up each others mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    Let me pose this question... how does everyone know how good McClain is or isn't?

I find it hard enough to keep up with the NFC East let alone the NFC. I never see the Raiders play nor have the time to watch every team play on Rewind.
    They don't know. They only know that he was the 8th player taken in the draft, and a lot of Giants fans wanted him then.

The guy is awful. No way.

Apparently, he's not half bad against the run when the defense allows him to find the ballcarrier without too much traffic to deal with but he was so bad against the pass that the Raiders pulled him for rookie Miles Burris on obvious passing situations. If he somehow isn't claimed by another team in the waiver process (which I doubt), I'd be all for bringing him onto the team next offseason at a vet min contract to see if he's still a salvageable player.

I'm down. Wouldn't hurt to see if he could contribute. I remember these boards begging for us to draft him.
    Close or you hit the bricks

+ Reply to Thread