+ Reply to Thread

NYY- See ya Russ, Franky anyone ?

Personally I never liked Russel Martin in Pinstripes, I view him as part of the reason why my dude Jorge never got to leave on his terms with dignity.

That said, I hope my boy Franky (Cervelli) gets a look, I believe he can be a solid piece for Seasons to come.

(More than likely Cashman will trade him off and bring in some bum with a name instead )

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

They might try to get AJ Pierzynski. He comes like a real jerk, but the guy can hit and is a pretty good defensive catcher.

i have watched AJ here in Chicago...the guy's a gamer and call a game really well. good bat and brings a chip to his shoulder.

As much as I like Cervelli, I'd drive AJ to O'Hare tonight to get him in the Bronx !!!

(for the record I wanted Buerhle too...)

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    i have watched AJ here in Chicago...the guy's a gamer and call a game really well. good bat and brings a chip to his shoulder.

As much as I like Cervelli, I'd drive AJ to O'Hare tonight to get him in the Bronx !!!

(for the record I wanted Buerhle too...)
    A lot of times you hear about players who get on opposing teams nerves, but is great with his teammates. AJ is the first guy I have ever heard who gets on both opposing teams and teammates nerves.

don't know about the team mates thing. like i said i live in the Windbag City and from what I can tell, he is a competitor and a competent part of the Battery.

he has a bat and for the most part is durable. his backup a kid named Tyler Flowers may come out there and give him a rest but many times AJ's night off is him at the DH.

of course this being Football season we are doing some long term speculation. My deal was I am glad Russel is gone.

No matter what happens Yankees need to take a crapton of batting practice. The hitting towards the end was atrocious...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

agreed, but I'd like to see a strong Pitching Staff first.