+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Rolando McClain will be waived by Raiders on Thursday

I definately think we should try to get this kid...he has issues but we seem to work this crap out of guys. Besides he is on the raiders and who wouldn't get tired of that circus?

"""Rolando McClain - LB - Raiders According to NFL.com, Raiders MLB Rolando McClain was kicked out of practice Wednesday following an incident.
    This helps explain why McClain announced via Facebook that he's "no longer an Oakland Raider." The No. 8 overall pick in the 2010 draft has lost more and more playing time as the season has moved along, leading to a meager 60 tackles in 11 games. The Raiders weren't going to pay his $4 million salary next season anyway, so they'll rid themselves of his antics now. Per ESPN, McClain is expected to be officially waived on Thursday.
    Source: NFL.com Nov 29 - 8:42 AM"""

as per Rotoworld

First question, to make it even pheasable.. what's his cap number?

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    First question, to make it even pheasable.. what's his cap number?
    should be low due to circumstance

What is our chances of signing him if he is on waivers?

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Blue View Post
    What is our chances of signing him if he is on waivers?
    You would have to claim him off waivers and assume the remained of his salary. His cap number was 3.64mil for 2012 so the Giants would be responsible for 1.13mil for this year and 4 mil for next year.

Giants have more pressing issues than to sign a guy that quit on his team and has many off field problems.

These are the numbers I found..

Player
    Rolando McClain
    Position
    LB
    2012-13 Salary
    $970,000
    2013-14 Salary
    $1,535,000
    Cap #
    $5,570,000

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    These are the numbers I found..

Player
    Rolando McClain
    Position
    LB
    2012-13 Salary
    $970,000
    2013-14 Salary
    $1,535,000
    Cap #
    $5,570,000
    Pulled this off another site:

Player
    Rolando McClain
    Pos
    LB
    Base Salary
    Signing Bonus
    -
    Other Bonus
    Cap Hit

I loved this guy when he was with Alabama but he has not produced as expected in the NFL, That and off field issues, and possibly being a locker room cancer would lead me to seriusly question this move.

If we can be assured off field and negative locker room antics wont be a problem possibly we could take a chance. He may do a complete turn around once he joins a winner again

I also wanted him to join Bklue when he left 'Bama. I'd take a chance with him. We need a guy with his talent. If the $$ works go get 'em, JR!!!

Veteran
    I wouldn't be opposed to it.. Thats a position on the Defense that could be addressed or could use some more depth at least. If we could turn the kid around and coach him up, I see nothing but upside. Realistically, I don't see it happening though. Some other team will pick him up.