+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: I now expect every NFL analyst to start arguing about how Drew Brees is NOT elite

  1. #21
    Veteran Ntegrase96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,517
    Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Just to summarize for nte and others.

    The entire point of the thread is that after Eli's 2nd SB MVP the 'experts' finally had to concede that Eli was in fact "Elite" after the thrashing they gave him the entire last year. Yet, all it took were 2 bad games in a row from Eli before the same people who wound up looking like total morons after SB46 started right back up with the same crap. How eli is in no way "Elite", is 'average', "can't make plays", etc, etc.

    I'm just saying now that after 2 straight bad games by Brees they should be applying the same logic to avoid looking like the partisan hacks that they are.
    I see your point. However, most people that criticize Eli think that last year was an anomaly. So far in his career he hasn't done much to prove otherwise. Hence the debate whether or not he's elite.

  2. #22
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    5,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I see your point. However, most people that criticize Eli think that last year was an anomaly. So far in his career he hasn't done much to prove otherwise. Hence the debate whether or not he's elite.
    So...your basically saying, "if you don't count the accomplishments in Eli's career, then he hasn't accomplished anything".

    Did I get that right?
    Last edited by Delicreep; 12-01-2012 at 10:48 AM.
    This space for rent

  3. #23
    Veteran SackingMyths's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilltown (JC)
    Posts
    659
    Is there a huge gap between Romo and Eli? Definitely not. But there is one and it's not based on stats.

    Take the previous NYG/WASH game as "Exhibit A" of what separates the two...

    With the game on the line, Eli hits Cruz for the game winning TD. No one was, at all, surprised. Given the same opportunity, Romo typically throws a pick. Romo may be a better QB in quarters 1-3 and pile up gaudy #s. But in the 4th quarter -- when it matters most -- there's just no comparison.

    THAT is why Eli is in the "elite" conversation and Romo is not.

  4. #24
    Veteran SackingMyths's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilltown (JC)
    Posts
    659
    As for Brees? He's the NFLs "Golden Boy" and can do no wrong. His O-Line has kept him untouched for years and now that it isn't, he's showing that he's not perfect.

    And let's be real--he's had an embarrassment of riches in SD and NO. LT ... Turner ... Sproles ... Gates to Colston ... Sproles ... McAllister ... Graham ... Thomas. He's never lacked for an obscene amount of offensive talent around him.

    That and he's smug and overly arrogant. I don't know why so many people don't see that.

  5. #25
    Veteran Ntegrase96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    So...your basically saying, "if you don't count the accomplishments in Eli's career, then he hasn't accomplished anything".

    Did I get that right?
    No. I'm saying critics don't perceive Eli to be elite based on his career. I think he's done a lot to justify the title of elite from the media, but his god awful early career combined with some if his more pedestrian seasons isn't going to be erased by his one phenomenal season. Especially when he's not having as strong of a season so far this year. You just can't get upset about that... He's capable of elite play but he's seen as inconsistent amongst his peers.

  6. #26
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    15,179
    I mean homer or not, Eli's been to 2 SB's and got victories...

    and Romo ?

    no debate.


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  7. #27
    Veteran Ntegrase96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,517
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    I mean homer or not, Eli's been to 2 SB's and got victories...

    and Romo ?

    no debate.
    I knew I shouldn't have typed the word Romo in this thread. Romo is not elite, for sure.

  8. #28
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I knew I shouldn't have typed the word Romo in this thread. Romo is not elite, for sure.
    So are you caught in the position on your fans boards where you are constantly defending Romo? You are always advocating him on here, which I gotta say, I admire. Most Giants fans I see on rival fans boards trash our QB more than they do....

  9. #29
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I'm not dissing Eli... so hostile, you are
    not at all hostile just sick of people saying Eli has to have 25 td to be a elite qb....when they don't know the whole story. How many times has he got down in the redzone and they decided to run the ball in?? Not saying he has been perfect this year but his numbers don't tell the whole story of how he played. Also why would anyone care what a Dallas fan thinks about our qb is beyond me.
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 12-01-2012 at 03:50 PM.

  10. #30
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I see your point. However, most people that criticize Eli think that last year was an anomaly. So far in his career he hasn't done much to prove otherwise. Hence the debate whether or not he's elite.
    This is what I'm talking about right here....just because he doesn't have the stats he had last year so now it's an anomaly and his elite tag should be taken away???? Pretty lame I really don't know any other qbs that have 2 rings in the league besides two others.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts