+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I now expect every NFL analyst to start arguing about how Drew Brees is NOT elite

Veteran

I now expect every NFL analyst to start arguing about how Drew Brees is NOT elite

Fair is fair.

/That is all.
    Last edited by njg85m; 11-29-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Nah, they'll just say he had an off night. Though he also did throw 2 pick 6s a few days ago vs SF as well. 7 picks in 2 games & his TD streak ended as well. Hope we can keep it going when we play them after the Skins.

Eveybody has bad games and it won't happen since his name is Drew Brees

I actually felt embarrassed for him...he is still one of the best in my eyes.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

The problem is that Drew Brees doesn't form part of the word "elite"...

Though to be fair, this is the front page image at nfl.com:

It looks like he's getting, uhh, you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

The grass is always greener...

A lot of Saints fans feel like it's horse crap that Rodgers is consistently placed ahead of Brees, and it took way longer for Brees to earn the title of 'Elite' than it should have taken.

That said, Eli had a fantastic year last year but so far he is not following up with a strong year. He's not having a much better year than Romo and Romo has been awful. Combine that with his rather average performances in years past and it's easy to understand why Eli is questioned as elite.

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    The grass is always greener...

A lot of Saints fans feel like it's horse crap that Rodgers is consistently placed ahead of Brees, and it took way longer for Brees to earn the title of 'Elite' than it should have taken.

That said, Eli had a fantastic year last year but so far he is not following up with a strong year. He's not having a much better year than Romo and Romo has been awful. Combine that with his rather average performances in years past and it's easy to understand why Eli is questioned as elite.
    He's having a much better year than Romo. Eli has yet to single handedly lose us a football game.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    He's having a much better year than Romo. Eli has yet to single handedly lose us a football game.
    Eh fair enough. But would you agree it's not exactly a strong season for Eli thus far?

I like Drew Brees and I feel he is one of the best in the NFL.

When you want to look at INTs though, you also have to look at TDs and Yards, which he leads the league in both categories as well. In fact, he is the Triple Crown leader right now in TDs INTs and Yards.

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Eh fair enough. But would you agree it's not exactly a strong season for Eli thus far?
    He was having a great year till that 3 game stretch of 0 TDs. Id say he is having a average year right now. But he could turn it all around again if he is hot again down the stretch.

5trive for Fiv5

+ Reply to Thread