Thread: jets

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    aaaaaaaaaaaaand McElroy is going in...
    lol sanchez got pulled?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    lol sanchez got pulled?
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...=new-york-jets

that organization is an absolute EMBARRASSMENT ... I really find it amusing on multiple levels

Hmm... would we take Sanchez as a backup? Maybe in an actual football organization he might be serviceable in that regard.

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

Hmm... would we take Sanchez as a backup? Maybe in an actual football organization he might be serviceable in that regard.
    I hope that was meant to be sarcastic.

I don't think it's the organization or even the talent surrounding him. IMO, his first two years were a fluke where they went to the AFCCG. I just did not feel the Jets were THAT good and felt they stumbled into it. And to hear them talk about them still in the running for the #8 spot in the playoff picture is an absolute joke. Even if they 'run the table' (I really hate that saying because commentators seem to love saying it this time of year), let's face it - the Jets do NOT deserve to be in the playoffs. They are NOT a playoff-caliber team. And Mark (lack of talent to throw to) is just too skittish and can't take the heat of NY. He's a CA boy and isn't built for what this town dishes out (like Eli did) They are a team with absolutely NO identity because their owner is more concerned with being on the back page of the Post and Daily News rather than winning football games. Mr. T. does not know how to draft talent and instead they waste their money bringing in Tebow for the sheer purpose or building their super-special-secret Wildcat offense around which must've been SO super secret because I never saw it. The ploy to bring TT in here under the guise of building an offensive juggernaut which was going to confuse defenses and have them running in circles backfired on them and now Rex has no choice but to use generated 'talking points' in interviews rather than answer point-blank about the success of the decision to bring Tebow in.

In my mind, the Jets will never be taken seriously until their owner (like JJ in Dallas) hands over the reigns to a competent GM who can draft well and a coach who believes in discipline. They hate playing second fiddle to the Giants and twice in the last five years following their SB wins the Jets pulled these stunts (5 years ago they brought in Favre, this year was Tebow) only to make the Jets relevant and get everyone talking about anything except the Giants winning the Superbowl.

The Giants may be boring compared to the Jets, but their concern isn't about media hype and splashy headlines. The only splashy headlines I want the Giants to make is on the back page of the first Monday in February. But even when the Giants win, it seems all WFAN can talk about is how dismal the Jets are. Their falling apart after the TT acquisition is more newsworthy than the Giants going about business as usual - and that's okay by me.

In a nutshell, Rex and Mr. T need a serious intervention by TC and J. Reese

That is the only thing Sanchez is useful for is a backup

Quote Originally Posted by CTLadyBlue View Post
    I hope that was meant to be sarcastic.

I don't think it's the organization or even the talent surrounding him. IMO, his first two years were a fluke where they went to the AFCCG. I just did not feel the Jets were THAT good and felt they stumbled into it. And to hear them talk about them still in the running for the #8 spot in the playoff picture is an absolute joke. Even if they 'run the table' (I really hate that saying because commentators seem to love saying it this time of year), let's face it - the Jets do NOT deserve to be in the playoffs. They are NOT a playoff-caliber team. And Mark (lack of talent to throw to) is just too skittish and can't take the heat of NY. He's a CA boy and isn't built for what this town dishes out (like Eli did) They are a team with absolutely NO identity because their owner is more concerned with being on the back page of the Post and Daily News rather than winning football games. Mr. T. does not know how to draft talent and instead they waste their money bringing in Tebow for the sheer purpose or building their super-special-secret Wildcat offense around which must've been SO super secret because I never saw it. The ploy to bring TT in here under the guise of building an offensive juggernaut which was going to confuse defenses and have them running in circles backfired on them and now Rex has no choice but to use generated 'talking points' in interviews rather than answer point-blank about the success of the decision to bring Tebow in.

In my mind, the Jets will never be taken seriously until their owner (like JJ in Dallas) hands over the reigns to a competent GM who can draft well and a coach who believes in discipline. They hate playing second fiddle to the Giants and twice in the last five years following their SB wins the Jets pulled these stunts (5 years ago they brought in Favre, this year was Tebow) only to make the Jets relevant and get everyone talking about anything except the Giants winning the Superbowl.

The Giants may be boring compared to the Jets, but their concern isn't about media hype and splashy headlines. The only splashy headlines I want the Giants to make is on the back page of the first Monday in February. But even when the Giants win, it seems all WFAN can talk about is how dismal the Jets are. Their falling apart after the TT acquisition is more newsworthy than the Giants going about business as usual - and that's okay by me.

In a nutshell, Rex and Mr. T need a serious intervention by TC and J. Reese
    Verbose much?

I did specifically say backup. I.e., he holds a freaking clipboard (he seemed to be able to do that quite well yesterday)... Because as Broadway says, he's only good as a backup. We've had our own first round bust (Carr, who was #1 overall in 2002) as our backup for some time now... but he's getting super old. I'd also just love to see Sanchez as a Giant in camp just so he can demolish the Jets in the back end of the preseason game just to show up the Jets organization for what it is: a joke.

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

Quote Originally Posted by CTLadyBlue View Post
    ..... And to hear them talk about them still in the running for the #8 spot in the playoff picture is an absolute joke.
    I think you meant #6 spot, since a #8 seed gets you nothing but a view from your living room. Which is where the Jets will be this year I hope. The Jets never suck bad enough to get a really good draft pick. Maybe this time!
    Last edited by Jet-Blue; 12-03-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Blue View Post
    I think you meant #6 spot, since a #8 seed gets you nothing but a view from your living room. Which is where the Jets will be this year I hope. The Jets never suck bad enough to get a really good draft pick. Maybe this this!

No I distinctly heard on Boomer & Carton this morning that it was the #8 spot - meaning, the very last wild card spot.

And even as a backup I don't want any part of Sanchez.

Gawd no! Wouldn't want any Jet on the Giants contaminating us with the loser virus!

+ Reply to Thread