+ Reply to Thread

Giants Also Wary Of Another Redskins' Rookie: RB Alfred Morris

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...another_r.html

Excerpt: "
    Robert Griffin III attracts much of the publicity, and all of it is deserved, but there's another rookie in the Redskins backfield that is producing a resume worthy of Rookie of the Year consideration.=

Mike Shanahan surprised many when he named Alfred Morris, a sixth-round pick out of Florida Atlantic, his starting running back out of the preseason and Morris has shined. The running back has 208 carries for 982 yards and six touchdowns. Barring injury, he will become the second Redskins to rush for 1,000 yards his rookie season and is just 28 carries away from breaking the franchise's single-season record.

"He's a really good running back," Giants linebacker Spencer Paysinger said. "Coaches say that he's a really good running back. He's hard to bring down. They like to call him 'thick in the hips' and whenever you see running backs like that you know it's going to be a long day."

It was a long day for the Giants defense in the teams' first meeting back in Week 7. The Redskins, utilizing a unique read-option scheme, rushed for 248 yards. Morris had 120 of them on 22 carries. Last week, against the Cowboys, Morris had 24 carries for 113 yards and a touchdown." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

its amazing to me how Shannahan can plug almost any RB into his system and gets production

All-Pro
    I think he hurt the Giants more than anyone the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    I think he hurt the Giants more than anyone the last time.
    The Giants started the game playing a lot of 3 man fronts and he gashed them once they adjusted he did nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    The Giants started the game playing a lot of 3 man fronts and he gashed them once they adjusted he did nothing.
    Having played them once is a plus for us (and them)
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Morris is going to be a BIG Factor in Monday's Game ! Giants know this, Lets hope they are prepared !

Good Luck GMen !
    Last edited by BillTheGreek; 11-30-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Alfred Morris is the player I'm most concerned about on offense. He's a down hill runner, who's difficult to tackle. But saying that; the Giants did a better job containing Morris in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Having played them once is a plus for us (and them)

Captain Obvious here

Banned
    Steal of the draft. This kid is tough. Shanny wasn't sure if he could take the pounding and be a 3 down back. He has proven otherwise. Patient going into the hole, reads blocks well and has good cut-back skills. Also improving as a blocker. He reminds me a lot of Joe Morris, from back in the day. Fame certainly hasn't gotten to his head. He still drives his 1991 Mazda 626, because it still runs, and it serves to remind him of where he came from.
    Last edited by AustinSkin; 12-01-2012 at 12:37 PM.