+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Angry Being Setup For Failure ... ?

Every season we see the hot new draft pick ... most have fairly mundane rookie seasons. Some flash while others completely fall apart.

However with David Wilson, are we setting this kid up for failure in our minds? While he was our first round pick, he was the 32nd pick overall and a one dimensional player (albeit with promise) to boot.

The unproven second string guy is always the fan favorite because he brings the hope and promise of the next super star to grace our presence but might we be expecting too much out of him this early?

From my perspective, I'm thinking that he will show us little more then he's shown us to this point come Monday night and that is an occasional flash book ended by a bunch of non-noteworthy runs. And that's not a knock on the kid ... just a nod to the fact that he is a rookie playing at the highest level there is.

Considering Reese said he had him ranked ahead of Martin, he better be good, otherwise Reese finally got outsmarted early in the draft.
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Considering Reese said he had him ranked ahead of Martin, he better be good, otherwise Reese finally got outsmarted early in the draft.
    I'm not sure I'm buying that from Reese. His explanation made sense, but the Bucs didn't jump us for no reason, especially given our pick and their personnel (Mike Sullivan).

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I truly believe the GIANTS wanted Martin. Why?
    1. He is more NFL ready than Wilson
    2. He carries the ball high and tight like TC loves it.
    3. Wilson is having a difficult time learning the system. The Giants usually draft heady players.

I believe the Bucs taking Martin forced JR to jump at a second rounder in Wilson for fear of not getting a quality running back later in the draft.

Bench Player
    Hes not had a proper chance. Coughlin was too harsh on him (for that one fumble) and I think he will break out now like Ahmad did all those years ago. I actually now feel confident on kick returns (beats blackmon anyday of the week!).

Cant wait to see him win a game with 15-20 touches.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    3. Wilson is having a difficult time learning the system. The Giants usually draft heady players.

I believe the Bucs taking Martin forced JR to jump at a second rounder in Wilson for fear of not getting a quality running back later in the draft.
    Well, thats not a good way to draft if thats the case. We should of just continued the treand of BPA in the first. I bet Reese see's that now. I personally thought Reese panicked for the first time Ive seen when the Bucs took Martin. Instead of drafting for talent, he drafted for need.
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

I agree with you completely dude! completely agree!

i think Doug Martin is the better back but there is no way to really tell... Martin had to be inserted into their system from the get go, Wilson has shown flashes but there is no way we can compare them both, one because Martin is getting triple the touches that Wilson is getting, two Martin is bigger(stockier) so they are different backs even physically...

1. JPP wasn't considered NFL ready by any means
    2. Give me one RB that we've had in the past 10 years that hasn't had fumbling issues
    3. Mario Manningham

All-Pro
    Look at all of the first round guys Reese has drafted and then look at how many of them started their rookie season. Then look at how they have worked out so far. All of his first round picks have been good. Relax and give him more than one rookie season to see how he does.

All-Pro
    Remember that LB that everyone wanted from Alabama? He is now about to be released. Anyone remember who the Giants drafted that year? Believe in Reese.