+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Washington, New Orleans with Increased Preparation Time

Two weeks in a row we have to face teams who have 10 days to prepare for us and recovery from injuries, as both the Redskins and Saints played Thursday games prior to playing us. Making matters even worse, The G-men have to play on short weeks both times, after first playing on Sunday night and then Monday night. The upcoming game against New Orleans is really a case of unfair scheduling as the Saints get 10 days to prepare while the Giants get just 5 days.

Bench Player
    How is this a short week?

Meh ... the schedule is the schedule and that theory has been debunked many times (Atlanta flying to San Diego on short rest for instance).

This is a non-issue
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Meh ... the schedule is the schedule and that theory has been debunked many times (Atlanta flying to San Diego on short rest for instance).
    I don't know if i fully agree... REST is REST!!! look what it did for Big Blue.. I also don't like the extended period the Redskins have been given. The more time you have to practice for anything the more the chances rises to be successful in whatever it is your trying to achieve. Studying for a test, preparing for a game, whatching more film.. and like I said BEING WELL RESTED is HUGE..

Quote Originally Posted by WEG313 View Post
    Two weeks in a row we have to face teams who have 10 days to prepare for us and recovery from injuries, as both the Redskins and Saints played Thursday games prior to playing us. Making matters even worse, The G-men have to play on short weeks both times, after first playing on Sunday night and then Monday night. The upcoming game against New Orleans is really a case of unfair scheduling as the Saints get 10 days to prepare while the Giants get just 5 days.
    UGH

Quote Originally Posted by r1000 View Post
    I don't know if i fully agree... REST is REST!!! look what it did for Big Blue.. I also don't like the extended period the Redskins have been given. The more time you have to practice for anything the more the chances rises to be successful in whatever it is your trying to achieve. Studying for a test, preparing for a game, whatching more film.. and like I said BEING WELL RESTED is HUGE..
    How'd that work out for the 13-3 Cowboys in 07 and the 15-1 Packers last season?? lol..

but i get your point. it certainly helped us whoop the packers this time around having that bye week..
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

The difference between 5 days and 10 days between games is absolutely HUGE, both in terms of game plan preparation and, especially, recovering from injuries. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just plain nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by WEG313 View Post
    There is just no way around it if you are going to play some games on a day other than Sunday. Sometimes we get extra rest and sometimes our opponents do. Economics drives everything and games on Monday and Thursday are lucrative.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by r1000 View Post
    Being rested is important, but so is maintaining a predictable schedule. Several players on the Redskins commented that the break between Thanksgiving and MNF is simply too long. They just want to get out and play. They built some strong momentum with 8 passing touchdowns against divisional rivals over the last 2 games, so this break can also be like icing the momentum.
    Last edited by AustinSkin; 11-30-2012 at 12:32 PM.