+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bradshaw To Shoulder Rushing Load

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1211187

Excerpt: "Ahmad Bradshaw knows it is not his burden alone to make up for the loss of versatile Andre Brown in the Giants’ running game, but a broad smile came over his face when asked Friday if he believes he could handle as many as 30 carries Monday night in Washington.

“Of course,” Bradshaw said. “I’m not going to put all the pressure on me, but I want to help this team as much as I can. When I get an opportunity, that’s what it’s going to be.”

Bradshaw did not practice Friday – he doesn’t often because of a foot injury that has bothered him since last season – but he will be prepared to shoulder more of the offensive burden against the Redskins. He has averaged just 13.8 carries over the past five games since totaling 316 yards on 57 carries in October wins over Cleveland and San Francisco.

“I’m getting better every week, and I feel great about it. We’ll just see how it happens during the game,” Bradshaw said. “Being a divisional game and going back pretty much to home – I’m from Virginia and a lot of my family is from that area – it’s going to be a very exciting game for me. I’m getting a lot healthier now and I’m getting more and more excited for the game.”

After Brandon Jacobs was not re-signed during the offseason, Brown emerged as a valuable weapon and a story of perseverance -- averaging 5.3 yards per rush (73-for-385) and scoring 8 touchdowns this season -- before suffering a broken leg last week against Green Bay. He was spotted on crutches on the practice field Friday.

“It was tough. We can tell Andre really wants it, he wants it more than anybody on this team,” Bradshaw said. “He wanted to be a part of this. (He was having) a great year. It’s a tough loss and everything, and stuff happens. But bad luck did happen to Andre.”

Of course, one player’s misfortune creates an opportunity for others in Tom Coughlin’s “next man up” world. The Giants signed free agent running backs Kregg Lumpkin and Ryan Torain for depth this week, and as Bradshaw noted, “the young boy is still here.” That would be first-round pick David Wilson, who has excelled on kickoffs but has totaled just 102 rushing yards on 24 carries in his rookie season." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

What do you think the percentage of carries split would be?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

It'll depend on how the game pans out but assuming it's competitive from the off, I'm going to guess 22 carries for Bradshaw, 8 for Wilson and 5 for Torain.

toold yaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    What do you think the percentage of carries split would be?
    I think it will depend on Wilson's performance. If he doesn't make any serious mistakes, 10 - 15 snaps. That assumes Bradshaw plays the whole game.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Has anyone heard how Wilson has done in practice this week? He should have got a lot of reps, and hopefully given the coaches some more confidence in him.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    toold yaaa
    what did you thnk would happen.....

of course AB will get the nod for most of the carries....\
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    It'll depend on how the game pans out but assuming it's competitive from the off, I'm going to guess 22 carries for Bradshaw, 8 for Wilson and 5 for Torain.
    I'm guessing zero carries for Torain short of an injury. They might slot him in for blocking duties if Bradshaw is gassed.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I'm guessing zero carries for Torain short of an injury. They might slot him in for blocking duties if Bradshaw is gassed.
    I wonder which one they suit up. I expect both of them to contribute on STs when they suit up.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-01-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    You're probably right. I just figured they may let Torain audition for the goal line/short yardage role.