+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holy ****!!! Cheifs LB Jovan Belcher murder/suicide!!!

Shocking and Very Sad News

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue2088 View Post
    I'm not saying he did tho! lol I know what he did is wrong and im not defending him but a small part of me feels bad for him and I'm sorry if it bothers you. And just like how Junior Seau died, all of those hits to the head do have long term effects. And he's a professional football player, linebacker for that matter, I'm pretty sure that he had had some head injuries in his lifetime. And again I'm not saying that's the reason why or trying to jump to conclusions but him having CTE is a possibility but a relationship issue is more likely
    Well, we'll see if it was narcotics, steroids, a fight that went overboard...or if there indeed was something wrong in his head.

I don't know his name but there was a Chief who...pretty much disappeared off the face of the Earth. Wife noticed some things were off with him, he was an emotionless empty shell and one day he just left the house and never came back.
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Quote Originally Posted by krygny View Post
    Do you know for a fact that he took many severe blows to the head? I mean, beyond what of most NFL linebackers endure? And I've never heard any clinical evidence that head trauma causes someone to become psychotic or suicidal.

Talk about jumping to conclusions.
    Read up on CTE. Absolutely clinically proven to cause depression, confussion, aggression, and dementia.

CTE cant be diagnosed in a living person, has to be tested for in an autopsy. It is almost guaranteed to be found in anyone who has suffered multiple head injuries.

Not sure if they can test Belcher, depends what parts of his brain are still there to be studied.

Now even if his relationship was having problems, the CTE could very well have been what made him aggressive, confused, and ultimately why he made a rather crazy decision.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 12-02-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    As a former Jarhead that did 2 combat tours in Iraq in 03' & the Stan in 04', I ain't gonna lose any sleep over this murderer killing himself. I feel for the 3 month old daughter that her dad ended up killing her mom. More than likely, she was either gonna divorce him or he found out she was playing him & he wasn't man enough to just except it & walk away & continue to just be a dad to his daughter & love & support her.

He took a coward's way out but unfortunately decided to take his baby's mom with him. Glad the NFL isn't cancelling the game. Life goes on.

First off, SEMPER FI my brother...I was in in 92. Had my fun in the desert too. This POS does not even deserve to be mentioned. The poor girl will be effed up for life, never knowing why her scum bag father took the life of her mother. As a proud dad expecting my second child in less than two weeks, i understand how stressful things can get...money, mortgage, clothes etc. This guy was a pro athlete so i doubt cash was the problem. New mothers can often get completely hormonal and act like lunatics, but as a man, you need to think of the children and do whatever it takes to give them a solid foundation in life. He is a murderer and I hope i dont see his # on helmets or any of that nonsense. Shame that had to happen.

Deadspin has an article up which is a conversation they had with someone close to him. Days belcher was a heavy drinker, and was on prescription pain killers. Also says that after he played in the bengals game he had major short term memory problems and was very disoriented. Bet just the accumulation of all of those made the guy essentially lose control

Deadspin also said that he had some anger issues in college, putting his hand through a window. It may very well have been several factors - personality, mental illness, substance abuse, CTE, etc... that culminated in a tragedy.

Clearly, I don't know the details of this and how impulsive it was. And, I'm by no means against people owning guns in their own home, but I used to work as a suicide researcher and I can't tell you how many tragedies (suicides and murder/suicides) seemed to be impulsive actions where someone grabs the gun and it's all over. If someone really wants to commit murder or suicide, they will find a way if the gun isn't there. But the impulsive ones are just so sad. Please reconsider owning a gun or living in a house with a gun if there's any hint that you are with someone with impulsive tendencies or a quick temper. Please if there's anyone in your family who you think could be depressed, don't have the gun in the house until you are confident that it has passed. Don't give someone in danger the chance to act that impulsively. Even a minute to take a deep breath can make a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by bELIeve_in_Giants View Post
    Deadspin also said that he had some anger issues in college, putting his hand through a window. It may very well have been several factors - personality, mental illness, substance abuse, CTE, etc... that culminated in a tragedy.

Clearly, I don't know the details of this and how impulsive it was. And, I'm by no means against people owning guns in their own home, but I used to work as a suicide researcher and I can't tell you how many tragedies (suicides and murder/suicides) seemed to be impulsive actions where someone grabs the gun and it's all over. If someone really wants to commit murder or suicide, they will find a way if the gun isn't there. But the impulsive ones are just so sad. Please reconsider owning a gun or living in a house with a gun if there's any hint that you are with someone with impulsive tendencies or a quick temper. Please if there's anyone in your family who you think could be depressed, don't have the gun in the house until you are confident that it has passed. Don't give someone in danger the chance to act that impulsively. Even a minute to take a deep breath can make a big difference.

+1

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    I think Bob Costa's anti gun rant was extremely inappropriate. Not to get political, but I don't watch the NFL to hear political discussion. Not only that, but it was extremely insensitive to the families and friends involved in this tragedy.

big blue, he was only 25, I'd be shocked if by that age he already took that many hits to account for brain damage that serious

Quote Originally Posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
    big blue, he was only 25, I'd be shocked if by that age he already took that many hits to account for brain damage that serious
    They have found CTE in football players who were in highschool!

+ Reply to Thread