+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Holy ****!!! Cheifs LB Jovan Belcher murder/suicide!!!

I know deadspin isn't the best source, but they received contact from a friend who said that he was having short-term memory loss since the 11/18 game. Also said that he drank heavily and may have been abusing prescription narcotics. Not a good combo for sure. The friend went on to blame the girlfriend for being the "catalyst" for having taken the baby to stay at Jamal Charles' house, but given the circumstances that sounds like it was a good move and I wish she had stayed there.

Here's how I feel about it. Regardless of his professional history, the guy is scum. He shot his wife in front of her mother 9 times and then he takes the easy way out and kills himself. I have absolutely no sympathy for him. I do, however, have sympathy for that infant child and everyone else that was directly affected by it.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Here's how I feel about it. Regardless of his professional history, the guy is scum.
    Or you dont understand mental illness.

Yes killing people is bad, (well unless its for 'good' reasons, i guess) but do any of us know what exactly was going on in his head? Of course not. We dont know what the tox report shows, how badly his brain was damaged from football, etc.

Throwing about labels like that just serves no purpose at all.

And killing himself isnt the easy way out, no depressed or suicidal person thinks that. They think its the ONLY way out.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 12-03-2012 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Or you dont understand mental illness.

Yes killing people is bad, (well unless its for 'good' reasons, i guess) but do any of us know what exactly was going on in his head? Of course not. We dont know what the tox report shows, how badly his brain was damaged from football, etc.

Throwing about labels like that just serves no purpose at all.

And killing himself isnt the easy way out, no depressed or suicidal person thinks that. They think its the ONLY way out.
    Why is mental unstability always the excuse for coldblooded murder? IMO, anyone that murders someone not in the line of duty or in self defense is mentally unstable. There is absolutely no excuse for what he did. NONE. He was fully aware of what he was doing. I respectfully disagree with your assessment of this situation. There is no excuse for what he did. His mental issues weren't in the forefront when he was growing up, going to college, and then ultimately, playing in the NFL. Why all of a sudden is it now?
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by EddieBlue View Post
    First off, SEMPER FI my brother...I was in in 92. Had my fun in the desert too. This POS does not even deserve to be mentioned. The poor girl will be effed up for life, never knowing why her scum bag father took the life of her mother. As a proud dad expecting my second child in less than two weeks, i understand how stressful things can get...money, mortgage, clothes etc. This guy was a pro athlete so i doubt cash was the problem. New mothers can often get completely hormonal and act like lunatics, but as a man, you need to think of the children and do whatever it takes to give them a solid foundation in life. He is a murderer and I hope i dont see his # on helmets or any of that nonsense. Shame that had to happen.

Semper Fi brother. Funny you should mention the # on the helmet. Sadly, I think the Chiefs will end up honoring a cold blooded murderer. Hopefully, if the NFL comissioner is truly about protecting the integrity & honor of the NFL shield, he won't allow it. Maggot don't rate it!

I don't think the Chiefs will end up formally honoring him. They showed good taste in having a moment of silence in honor of domestic violence victims instead of a moment of silence for him. Romeo has handled this situation very well.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by krygny View Post
    Do you know for a fact that he took many severe blows to the head? I mean, beyond what of most NFL linebackers endure? And I've never heard any clinical evidence that head trauma causes someone to become psychotic or suicidal.

Talk about jumping to conclusions.
    http://www.health.harvard.edu/fhg/up...ate0903b.shtml

The NHL lost 3 "enforcers" to suicide in the last few years.. Wasn't quite as tragic as this mind you but there definitely is a link between concussions and depression.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bELIeve_in_Giants View Post
    I don't think the Chiefs will end up formally honoring him. They showed good taste in having a moment of silence in honor of domestic violence victims instead of a moment of silence for him. Romeo has handled this situation very well.
    Agreed. Such a tragedy, the child is young enough not to remember this (which is good) and hopefully goes to a good home with loving adopted parents.

+ Reply to Thread