+ Reply to Thread

Giants not scared of Darrelle Revis.. Webster does not impress Holmes.. takes shot at Giants secondary.. lol oh God.. here we go

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...revis-pedestal

When asked if Revis is the best cornerback in the league, Hakeem Nicks paused before saying, "He's a decent corner. He's decent."

"It ain't nothing really to talk about," Nicks said. "He's a great player. I feel like I'm good. We'll see how they play it."

Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz said teams are not afraid to throw at Revis, considered to be the league's premier shutdown corner.

"Yeah,
    teams aren't really scared any more, he's got to earn his money this
    year and teams aren't really backing down," Cruz said when asked if
    teams are throwing more at Revis. "I feel like we are going to do the
    same thing. We are going to go out until he physically stops us. We are
    going to spread the ball around."

Nicks & Cruz had better torch him for taking the bait with these questions.......

Jets wide receiver Santonio Holmes took his own shot at the Giants embattled secondary.

"They've
    given up big plays," Holmes said. "They're poor-tackling guys. There
    are plays to be made over their head. We have to be willing to take
    advantage of that, and make it count."

Their most consistent defensive back has been Corey Webster, but Holmes didn't sound too impressed.

"I can't wait to see him on Saturday," Holmes said. "I hope he's ready to bring his A game."

We can't wait either Holmes... C-Web probably won't be on him much but when he is this clown is going to be mad []

Revis could see plenty of Nicks, the Giants' best wide receiver, on
    Saturday. Nicks is coming off a game in which he dropped a sure-handed
    touchdown pass after he lost it in the sun early in the first quarter
    during the Giants' 23-10 loss to the Redskins last Sunday.

Nicks is looking to redeem himself, but he is not getting caught up in the hype of a potential one-on-one matchup with Revis.

Cruz, though, is looking forward to seeing those two go at it.

"Not
    only is [Revis] good athletically, but he watched a lot of film," Cruz
    said. "He knows the routes that we like to do on certain downs and
    distances and he picks up on tendencies. We have to be disciplined. We
    can't show any of our stuff and make sure we get to the right depths and
    using the right technique against them."

"It is going to be a
    good one," Cruz said of Revis against Nicks. "I think it is going to be a
    lot of back and forth, both guys making plays, both guys are very
    talented. Whoever makes that last play to win the game will be the
    victor."

ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

All-Pro

Re: Giants not scared of Darrelle Revis.. Webster does not impress Holmes.. takes shot at Giants secondary.. lol oh God.. here we go

Eh, I don't think they are trash talking. At least not the Giants. Nicks does say he is a great player. What is Cruz supposed to say? That they are afraid and will not throw to that side of the field?

The Jets secondary is scary though. I would love nothing more than to see Eli have a great game passing all over them, but they are a good unit. As good a season as Eli is having I'm a little worried because of his last game. Yeah, there where some drops, but there where a couple really close to being intercepted balls along with the ones that where and the Jets secondary is a lot better than the Redskins.

Re: Giants not scared of Darrelle Revis.. Webster does not impress Holmes.. takes shot at Giants secondary.. lol oh God.. here we go

I don't think so either but I just hope we SHOW UP BIG since we are talking....
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

This whole thing is ridiculous... now the Jets are taking it serious & down right disrespecting our players... if we don't come out fired up for this & PERFORM & EXECUTE to the best our our ability then we suck..

we had better make them eat their words & get the last laugh.. remind them whose stadium this was, is & always will be
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]This whole thing is ridiculous... now the Jets are taking it serious & down right disrespecting our players... if we don't come out fired up for this & PERFORM & EXECUTE to the best our our ability then we suck..

we had better make them eat their words & get the last laugh.. remind them whose stadium this was, is & always will be
    [/quote]

Well this game is like the Super Bowl for the Jets.

For the Giants it's just another game that they need to win if they want to advance to the post season.

[quote user="Sarcasman"][quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]This whole thing is ridiculous... now the Jets are taking it serious & down right disrespecting our players... if we don't come out fired up for this & PERFORM & EXECUTE to the best our our ability then we suck..

[/quote]

Well this game is like the Super Bowl for the Jets.

For the Giants it's just another game that they need to win if they want to advance to the post season.[/quote]

Lol.. ain't that the truth... I don't think will ever feel completely out of our shadow to be honest
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic