+ Reply to Thread

Giants would Want to get Defenders for RG3

If they can do this in the off season they would get defenders for all players like him. Teams are going to follow the Skin's formula for success but we can make RG3 just like any normal player by getting defenders equal to his ability. Giants might need to take a chance on this player if one is availible.
    Last edited by Diamondring; 12-02-2012 at 08:34 AM.

I'd say the Giants have focused on speed on the defensive side plenty in recent years. They've run nickel more than their 4-3 base, have 4 WILL LBs, run three-safety looks, and drafted some corners high in the draft. There are positions worth upgrading, but not one to alter for Bert Griffin alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    If they can do this in the off season they would get defenders for all players like him. Teams are going to follow the Skin's formula for success but we can make RG3 just like any normal player by getting defenders equal to his ability. Giants might need to take a chance on this player if one is availible.
    I think we have the players to get it done going forward. Williams, Tracy, and Ojomo are three of them
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Wish everyone would stop annointing this cat. I'm not saying he is a bad playerbut the success he is having will NOT be replicated by other teams.

How come there is no explosion of read option offenses after Newtons coming out party last year? His first season was FAR superior to Griffins. Unless the Skins win out thats a foregone conclusion.

Why did Luck get drafted first? If this read option is the cats *** why aren't these scrambler, half running back QB'sat a premium, why are they always taken later than a pure passer?

Because its a gimmick. Its o different than the wildcat. Do you plan for it? Sure. Do you base your teams composition around a gimmick that never seems to carry its success through multiple seasons? Of course not.

These type of QB are always taken later because it is a gamble. You tend to get a really hot rookie year until a lot of tape is compiled and then the player has to adapt and become a true passer or they will bust. You can end up with a player that ranges from Bret Favre, to Tony Romo, or as useless as Mike Vick. There is just no way to know if Cam is going to figure it out and become a real passer in a couple years or if he will be Vick 2.0.

RG3? Talented but only time will tell if he can morph that talent into a true NFL QB, I think his chances are good, but I can all but guarantee that if he cant make the transition he will not become this league wide threat people want to annoint him as.