+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: do we need a new RB?

Re: do we need a new RB?

[quote user="deekay7685"]i love Bradshaw and he's still good. his feet has been a problem and cannot stay healthy.
    Jacobs is an underachiever and his skills have diminished. he is not well liked and not as tough as he should be.
    the only RB i love in the 1st round is Richardson but he's unlikely to be there for us.
    LMiller has excellent size and speed but is not a willing blocker.
    the top free agent RBa are RRice (Rutgers; New Rochelle product), Forte (out w/ a MCL injury) and MLynch (ok).
    I'd love to get Rice but i doubt Baltimore will let him leave.
    The money we could save by letting Bradshaw and Jacobs go could be spend on Rice. That's a pipe dream.
    I think we'll draft a big back in the 3-4 rounds to replace Jacobs but i have no confidence Bradshaw can be reliable to stay on the field. his days in the NFL are numbered.
    what should/ can we do?[/quote]

Bradshaw and Jacobs do need to be replaced. I have to take issue with your characterization of Jacobs being an underachiever. He's the 4th all time rusher and that put him in some elite company.

Yes, he tends to rub some fans the wrong way with his rhetoric from time to time but he is a true GIANT. We fans tend to look at the here and now to make our judgments about players, forgetting their past performance. You have to look at the entire body of work and I think he has done well for the GIANTS.

Fact is they both are in need of replacing. Bradshaw's ankles and feet continue to be a problem and Jacobs is in the twilight of his career.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

yea, i like both bradshaw and BJ but bradshaw has some injury issues and u never know what BJ u get, the tough motivated BJ we have seen the past few weeks or the crybaby who whines and doesn't run hard, and he may not even be here next year.

we should draft a strong power back in the 3rd or 4th

idk any FA we can look at. maybe peyton hillis? im probably alone on this but id give him say 2 yr deal, it would take the load off bradshaw a bit since i think hillis is a better back then BJ at this point. good in short yds and might do better with a change of scenery.

Bench Player

re: BJ "underachieving"
    yeah i wrong to say that but imo with his size, strength and speed he should have been a more productive.
    he was a mid round pick because he transfered to a small school after being low on the depth chart qat auburn.
    yes, BJ was good but i thought he could have been better. underachiever was a mischaracterization on my part but not completely.

+ Reply to Thread