+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Giants Have A Shot At The #2 Seed

Both the Bears & 49ers lost today, if the Giants beat the Redskins tommorrow they will move up to the #3 Seed because they beat the Packers last Sunday night in the head to head matchup. But also the Giants own the tiebreaker over the 49ers because they beat them in the head to head matchup too. So the Giants just have to take care of their business but they do have a shot to get the #2 by the end of the season.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Wouldn't that be nice?!
    No one remembers who came in second.

I don't know if the Giants want that second seed.

The giants have the capacity to run the table or lose the rest of the games. As a fan for 38 years. I've seen it all. A win tomorrow will almost guarantee a playoff spot. Almost. Take care of business tomorrow.

The passed 2 Superbowl runs, the Giants were the 5 and 4 seeds, and had to do most of the work on the road(with the exception vs the Falcons last yr on wildcard weekend).

But it would be nice to see the Giants get the extra week off and be able to rest up key players that have been or are banged up.

All the Giants can do is play the schedule they are dealt and not worry too much about the seeding process right now. First order or business, win vs the Skins tomorrow night. The division is in reach---after that, aim for the bye.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
    Both the Bears & 49ers lost today, if the Giants beat the Redskins tommorrow they will move up to the #3 Seed because they beat the Packers last Sunday night in the head to head matchup. But also the Giants own the tiebreaker over the 49ers because they beat them in the head to head matchup too. So the Giants just have to take care of their business but they do have a shot to get the #2 by the end of the season.
    I actually think the Giants are in a good position at the #4 seed. As of now, they would get GB at home in the Wild Card round. Then would go to Atlanta in the Divisional Round. I think the Giants would beat both teams.

Plus I hate bye weeks in the playoffs. I think it kills momentum.

Veteran
    I would love the playoff picture as it ended today..

Going against the Bears at home, we'd own Jay Cutler again, then play the Falcons.. that would sweet SWEET

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    I would love the playoff picture as it ended today..

Going against the Bears at home, we'd own Jay Cutler again, then play the Falcons.. that would sweet SWEET
    Wouldn't it be GB @ MetLife in the first round?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Wouldn't it be GB @ MetLife in the first round?
    Nope.. Bears http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

But should we win on Monday, we'd move into the 3rd seed and get the Seahawks, then the 49ers off the bye

Wouldnt it be funny if we got to #3 and TB got to #6?

Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.