+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NYY- See ya Russ, Franky anyone ?

NYY- See ya Russ, Franky anyone ?

Personally I never liked Russel Martin in Pinstripes, I view him as part of the reason why my dude Jorge never got to leave on his terms with dignity.

That said, I hope my boy Franky (Cervelli) gets a look, I believe he can be a solid piece for Seasons to come.

(More than likely Cashman will trade him off and bring in some bum with a name instead )

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

They might try to get AJ Pierzynski. He comes like a real jerk, but the guy can hit and is a pretty good defensive catcher.

i have watched AJ here in Chicago...the guy's a gamer and call a game really well. good bat and brings a chip to his shoulder.

As much as I like Cervelli, I'd drive AJ to O'Hare tonight to get him in the Bronx !!!

(for the record I wanted Buerhle too...)

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    i have watched AJ here in Chicago...the guy's a gamer and call a game really well. good bat and brings a chip to his shoulder.

As much as I like Cervelli, I'd drive AJ to O'Hare tonight to get him in the Bronx !!!

(for the record I wanted Buerhle too...)
    A lot of times you hear about players who get on opposing teams nerves, but is great with his teammates. AJ is the first guy I have ever heard who gets on both opposing teams and teammates nerves.

don't know about the team mates thing. like i said i live in the Windbag City and from what I can tell, he is a competitor and a competent part of the Battery.

he has a bat and for the most part is durable. his backup a kid named Tyler Flowers may come out there and give him a rest but many times AJ's night off is him at the DH.

of course this being Football season we are doing some long term speculation. My deal was I am glad Russel is gone.

No matter what happens Yankees need to take a crapton of batting practice. The hitting towards the end was atrocious...

Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.

agreed, but I'd like to see a strong Pitching Staff first.

+ Reply to Thread