+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants named 4th most popular NFL team, pass Steelers

A recent survey conducted to find the most popular NFL team has the New York Giants coming in as the 4th most popular team-- passing the Pittsburgh Steelers. The top 5 teams were:

#1: Green Bay Packers
    #2: Dallas Cowboys
    #3: Chicago Bears
    #4: New York Giants
    #5: Pittsburgh Steelers

No doubt the Packers are #1 because of the high percentage of bandwagon fans, but still good to see the NYG inside the top 5.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...poll-landslide

Veteran

Re: Giants named 4th most popular NFL team, pass Steelers

[quote user="Overdrive92"]A recent survey conducted to find the most popular NFL team has the New York Giants coming in as the 4th most popular team-- passing the Pittsburgh Steelers. The top 5 teams were:

No doubt the Packers are #1 because of the high percentage of bandwagon fans, but still good to see the NYG inside the top 5.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...poll-landslide[/quote]

They must have done it at Met Stadium before the game against the 'Skins.

[quote user="Weygand"][quote user="Overdrive92"]A recent survey conducted to find the most popular NFL team has the New York Giants coming in as the 4th most popular team-- passing the Pittsburgh Steelers. The top 5 teams were:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...poll-landslide[/quote]

They must have done it at Met Stadium before the game against the 'Skins.
    [/quote]LMAO...After the game it might have been the JETS or the SKINS lol
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

not sure what popular means... the survey was also conducted on 700 people.

GB the most popular? I wonder if that has anything to do with their recent SB win?

Granted, GB is a nationally respected organization, but this poll isn't reliable.

That said, not too far off. But where's New England? Indy? San Fran?

[quote user="Ntegrase96"]not sure what popular means... the survey was also conducted on 700 people.

GB the most popular? I wonder if that has anything to do with their recent SB win?

Granted, GB is a nationally respected organization, but this poll isn't reliable.

That said, not too far off. But where's New England? Indy? San Fran?
    [/quote]

You won't find too many 49ers fans, this isn't the 90's anymore. Besides, the bandwagon crap is probably why packers are "#1" You'll find more Cowboys fans than 49ers on this part of the country.

All-Pro

Not too sure about that. Steeler fans are everywhere- like rats.

I never reply to surveys or post votes online.....not sure who does......so this was probably based on answers given by some 5th grader in Wisconsin.

[quote user="Overdrive92"]No doubt the Packers are #1 because of the high percentage of bandwagon fans[/quote]

I have to disagree on that one -- the Packers are long-term the most successful franchise (13 championships) and have had many dynasties, not the least of which being Vince Lombardi's. But still I guess the bandwagon jumpers just know Aaron Rodgers and not much else so there you go.

Dallas annointed themselves "America's Team" because of fans all around the country, but Green Bay and Pittsburgh enjoy that phenomenon too. Really Pittsburgh should be called America's Team because they have fans all around the country that come out of the woodwork.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Starter

I think any of these teams can flip flop depending on recent championships because like has been said there is a bandwagoner effect.

700 people isn't a very large or representative sample for a population survey.