+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A Great Giants Era

I remember once listening to an interview with Wellington Mara in the early 90s who was discussing his hopes and direction for the Giants. He said "I want the Giants to be relevant in December". This wouldn't be a popular quote today, but at the time and in the way it was meant, was that he always wanted to be one of the handful of teams that are jockeying for position and seed in the coming playoffs.

He would have loved this team.

Cherish these times ... it's a great era to be a Giants fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I remember once listening to an interview with Wellington Mara in the early 90s who was discussing his hopes and direction for the Giants. He said "I want the Giants to be relevant in December". This wouldn't be a popular quote today, but at the time and in the way it was meant, was that he always wanted to be one of the handful of teams that are jockeying for position and seed in the coming playoffs.

He would have loved this team.

Cherish these times ... it's a great era to be a Giants fan
    In this day and age, that's all you can ask for and it's all GM's strive to do. Home field advantage these days doesn't mean a whole lot.

It's too bad he died before getting to see Eli outplay the "best QB in the NFL"... twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    It's too bad he died before getting to see Eli outplay the "best QB in the NFL"... twice.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    You can say three times counting the regular season game last year.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    In this day and age, that's all you can ask for and it's all GM's strive to do. Home field advantage these days doesn't mean a whole lot.
    Very true. However, this season (prior to yesterday's games) has seen the best home field advantage in years... At ~54% win percentage, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    For the Giants. Ask a Seahawks or Falcons fan about that.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    For the Giants. Ask a Seahawks or Falcons fan about that.
    Didn't matter much for the Falcons a couple of years ago. Just ask the Packers

Don't worry, Mrs Mara is certainly enjoying all of this. Oh, and Wellington is watching over us, don't you worry. Everytime I see a catch like Manningham's or Tyree's, that might be Wellington smiling on the GMEN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Medisleman View Post
    Don't worry, Mrs Mara is certainly enjoying all of this. Oh, and Wellington is watching over us, don't you worry. Everytime I see a catch like Manningham's or Tyree's, that might be Wellington smiling on the GMEN!!!!
    This.....I was going to say....He saw it.