+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gants' Kenny Phillips, Jason Pierre-Paul Active vs Redskins

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._jason_pi.html

Excerpt: "Giants safety Kenny Phillips was listed as doubtful for tonight's game against the Redskins with his nagging right knee injury, but he is playing. Defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul, who was listed as questionable with a back injury, will also play.

Phillips practiced on a limited basis all week and said he would play, so it was a surprise when he was listed as doubtful. The designation means that there is at least a 75 percent chance that the player will not play, but they are not ruled out.

Phillips, who originally sprained his MCL at Philadelphia in Week 4, is a critical asset to the Giants defense. It remains to be seen how much he'll be used, but before he re-injured his knee last week against the Packers, he was on the field every snap in the three-safety package that became the Giants' base defense. Stevie Brown is again listed as tonight's starter with Antrel Rolle.

Pierre-Paul sat out practice Friday and Saturday with another occurrence of the back issues that have popped up from time to time in his career. Osi Umenyiora started at right end in his place.

RT David Diehl is active after suffering a burner in last week's game, but Sean Locklear will start in his place. WR Domenik Hixon will miss his second straight game with an ankle injury, meaning Rueben Randle will continue as the No. 3 receiver." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Diehl is active, Locklear will start at RT
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

OMG THEYRE STARTING LOCKLEAR? I THOUGHT YOU DIDNT LOSE YOUR JOB DUE TO INJURY

On a more serious note, nice to see KP active, but I hope he can play well without injuring himself. If he's not able to play I hope TC doesn't let his veteran loyalty keep Stevie on the bench...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    OMG THEYRE STARTING LOCKLEAR? I THOUGHT YOU DIDNT LOSE YOUR JOB DUE TO INJURY

On a more serious note, nice to see KP active, but I hope he can play well without injuring himself. If he's not able to play I hope TC doesn't let his veteran loyalty keep Stevie on the bench...
    We are going to see three and four safety schemes tonight, Stevie will be active

well....whomever is on the field they better kick some serious ***......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We are going to see three and four safety schemes tonight, Stevie will be active
    Still, I don't want KP to get himself hurt again... we need him for better teams coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    ^^^^
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Still, I don't want KP to get himself hurt again... we need him for better teams coming up.
    He must have been cleared by the medical staff

Definetly don't want Phillips to hurt himself anymore though.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_morris View Post
    Definetly don't want Phillips to hurt himself anymore though.
    Just play him long enough for us to go up by three scores