+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I Just Have A few Things To Say....And All Of It Is Negative!

Because , for me, this team laid an egg, in a crucial game, one time too many, and now I seriously don't give a damn whether they make the post season or not anymore! Call me a fairweather fan if you want...I really don't give a s**t.
    Kevin Gilbride went out of his way to live up to his negative nickname with one of THE worst nights of head scratching play calling I have ever seen in my life! HEY KEV.....take that draw play for NO GAIN and throw IT and David Diehls contract in the shredder!
    Perry Fewell didn't even have a game plan for the Redskins, so I'll let the Defensive performance....or lack therof, speak for itself.
    Can we all please agree now that Lawrence Tynes has a sissy mary leg...... Or is the fact that he missed a 42 yd FG when we lost by 1 still not enough proof? He's not clutch, and if you try to "REMIND" me of how he kicked us to the SB at frozen Lambeau Field....I will calmly remind YOU of the 2 chances he MISSED in regulation, and how lucky he was that he even HAD a third chance!
    Tom Coughlin...looked as perplexed on the sideline as always, making those strange faces. I'm convinced now that he went insane from the Lambeau Field cold and that his headset is just for show now and not even turned on. Only diminished mental capacity can explain his decision to punt the ball away with only4 minutes left in the game with the Giants D stopping nothing all day. I think Coughlin was the only one in the stadium who didn't know that the Giants were never getting the ball back.
    The only bright spot last night was Eli. He played good, had another outstanding march down the field with under a minute drive ,for go ahead points.....unfortunately for him though, Kevin Gilbride is his OC and he has to rely on David Diehl for protection!
    Now...instead of a commanding lead in the division, with 2 other teams gasping for air and the Egirls the walking dead, the Giants are nothing more than another mediocre NFC east team, who just happens to be in first place for the time being.
    Toatally disgusted today..... not just for the loss, but just because we've all seen this a thousand times before and it was just so damned predictable.
    Somewhere in the back of ALL our minds, we KNEW what the outcome of that game was going to be, and thats the saddest commentary of all.

Hey genius, look at the missed FG again. DeOssie blew the snap. It was behind Weatherfofd. Tynes is lucky that Weatherford even got the ball down. Not Tynes fault.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Hey genius, look at the missed FG again. DeOssie blew the snap. It was behind Weatherfofd. Tynes is lucky that Weatherford even got the ball down. Not Tynes fault.
    You can't insult me and absolve Tynes of blame after you just acknowledged that Weatherford got the ball down....genius!
    The only way its not Tynes' fault is if Weatherford COULDN'T get the ball down.

Any hitch with the snap or hold can cause the kicker to lose concentration. He's staring the thing down the whole way.

Veteran
    If you look at Tynes missed FG, the snap was way inside and it took too long to get the ball in place. This had to throw the timing off. Blaming Tynes is ridiculous.

Veteran
    But I have to admit BigBlue58, this is a pretty good Monday morning-after rant you have going. I'm impressed. Don't worry, you'll be back in the fold by Saturday. Don't forget to pick up your jersey at the dry cleaners.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    You can't insult me and absolve Tynes of blame after you just acknowledged that Weatherford got the ball down....genius!
    Ok so you are saying as long as the ball is placed on the ground it's Tynes fault. It has nothing to do with timing or of the ball was in the right position with the laces or whatever else. Ok you got me.

Because , for me, this team laid an egg, in a crucial game, one time too many, and now I seriously don't give a damn whether they make the post season or not anymore! Call me a fairweather fan if you want...I really don't give a s**t.
    Kevin Gilbride went out of his way to live up to his negative nickname with one of THE worst nights of head scratching play calling I have ever seen in my life! HEY KEV.....take that draw play for NO GAIN and throw IT and David Diehls contract in the shredder!
    Perry Fewell didn't even have a game plan for the Redskins, so I'll let the Defensive performance....or lack therof, speak for itself.
    Can we all please agree now that Lawrence Tynes has a sissy mary leg...... Or is the fact that he missed a 42 yd FG when we lost by 1 still not enough proof? He's not clutch, and if you try to "REMIND" me of how he kicked us to the SB at frozen Lambeau Field....I will calmly remind YOU of the 2 chances he MISSED in regulation, and how lucky he was that he even HAD a third chance!
    Tom Coughlin...looked as perplexed on the sideline as always, making those strange faces. I'm convinced now that he went insane from the Lambeau Field cold and that his headset is just for show now and not even turned on. Only diminished mental capacity can explain his decision to punt the ball away with only4 minutes left in the game with the Giants D stopping nothing all day. I think Coughlin was the only one in the stadium who didn't know that the Giants were never getting the ball back.
    The only bright spot last night was Eli. He played good, had another outstanding march down the field with under a minute drive ,for go ahead points.....unfortunately for him though, Kevin Gilbride is his OC and he has to rely on David Diehl for protection!
    Now...instead of a commanding lead in the division, with 2 other teams gasping for air and the Egirls the walking dead, the Giants are nothing more than another mediocre NFC east team, who just happens to be in first place for the time being.
    Toatally disgusted today..... not just for the loss, but just because we've all seen this a thousand times before and it was just so damned predictable.
    Somewhere in the back of ALL our minds, we KNEW what the outcome of that game was going to be, and thats the saddest commentary of all.
    Well said, except for blaming Tynes. No kicker is 100% accurate just as no QB is 100% accurate and no WR catches 100% of the balls. The problem is that we cannot score TD's from anywhere near inside the 30. The Eagles have the worst RZ scoring 40% and we are close with 45%. When your kicker leads the league in scoring, you know you have a problem. So, far I have not seen anything done by Coughlin to fix this problem and I am not expecting him to do anything about it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Ok so you are saying as long as the ball is placed on the ground it's Tynes fault. It has nothing to do with timing or of the ball was in the right position with the laces or whatever else. Ok you got me.
    I'm saying that I'm disgusted with the whole god awful shi**y mess! Quibbling over a missed FG when the Giants left so many points on the field is utterly pointless.

Clearly you are not well versed in the moving parts to make a field goal attempt successful. Tynes was the least of our worries last night.

Which you addressed in the post above mine...my apologies.