+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gilbride's worst ever?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonenc View Post
    WORST PASS DEFENSE IN THE NFL and Gilbride decides he is going to grind out the clock. This would be a great strategy, IF WE WERE IN THE LEAD, but we were behind. When we did pass, we abandoned the middle of the field and started throwing out patterns.

Penalties were also an issue. Some phantom, some real.

Lastly, why can't our defense just seal the edge? If I see Osi running to the inside, like a dog chasing a car, one more time, I'm sure that I will puke.
    I question it big time... especially when we start with back to back runs inside our own 10 yard line. I think the game strategy was for offense to have time consuming drives to keep RG3 on the bench... it worked in the first half (except not scoring TDs which changed game).. but that gamble crashed and burned in the second half. KG is brutally stubborn and did not adjust after seeing how the 2nd half was unfolding (with Skins playing better vs run and zone coverage)... I blame this loss on the offense which includes Killdrive's calling, player mistakes, and poor execution. We gave away another game in the NFC East (other one in Philly).

Quote Originally Posted by GMAN2K9 View Post
    I question it big time... especially when we start with back to back runs inside our own 10 yard line. I think the game strategy was for offense to have time consuming drives to keep RG3 on the bench... it worked in the first half (except not scoring TDs which changed game).. but that gamble crashed and burned in the second half. KG is brutally stubborn and did not adjust after seeing how the 2nd half was unfolding (with Skins playing better vs run and zone coverage)... I blame this loss on the offense which includes Killdrive's calling, player mistakes, and poor execution. We gave away another game in the NFC East (other one in Philly).
    100% Agreed.

The unfortunate thing is that owners will say, we have superbowls but what they dont realize is that this team is immensely talented and when we win, its despite people like gilbride and fewell not because of them

Killdrive calls a solid pass attack game against the Packers who can't defend and what does he do yesterday? Try to run through their throats the second half. This guy is a clown.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSherrard View Post
    Anyone who watched that game and is blaming the OC for the loss clearly has no idea what they're watching on a football field

Quote Originally Posted by Tbonenc View Post
    WORST PASS DEFENSE IN THE NFL and Gilbride decides he is going to grind out the clock. This would be a great strategy, IF WE WERE IN THE LEAD, but we were behind. When we did pass, we abandoned the middle of the field and started throwing out patterns.

Penalties were also an issue. Some phantom, some real.

Lastly, why can't our defense just seal the edge? If I see Osi running to the inside, like a dog chasing a car, one more time, I'm sure that I will puke.
    Great post! We COULD have thrown on them a lot, but Gilbride decides to CONTINUE TRYING to run even when it's not working. Also agree on our ends crashing down and the ball going outside of them - they end up so far out of the play it's ridiculous. Who knows where our "Linebackers" are - certainly no team fears them making a crushing tackle or actually "covering" a receiver. Our defensive weaknesses are so obvious.

If this were the only game in which I questioned Gilbrides game calling I wouldnt blame him so much - but the fact of the matter is he has been bad for a long time. If not for two super bowl rings he would be out of here. Like Dvaey Johnson of the Mets who managed a greatb team "down" to 90 wins.

Say what you want but I think we need to live and die with Eli's arm. Set up the run via the pass. Offensively and defensively we are as plain vanilla as any team in the NFL. With some innovation we could dominate on both sides te ball.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSherrard View Post
    Anyone who watched that game and is blaming the OC for the loss clearly has no idea what they're watching on a football field
    What you are saying is so patently absurd, they need a new word to define it!
    If you actually believe that pissing away down after down on draw plays for no gain....putting Eli in constant 3rd and long situations is a recipe for success, then I'd say that you are clearly delusional bordering on deaf, dumb and blind!!!!!!!

Veteran
    Stop blaming KG, I know you are upset, so am I. the reason our team got beat in the second half is that the Redskins stopped our run, meaning they beat our blockers at the point of attack, and they ran the ball over our defense, meaning they beat our linemen and backers at the point of attack. And KG didn't have anything to do with all of the penalties. Some you you want to blame someone because you are pissed, like me. However let's face it our team got beat by a team that executed better last night. But for all the apparent domination on their part in the second half, they still only one by one point, which makes it even more frustrating. Just remember these tough games hardened this team last year, and made them ready for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by yo-ho View Post
    Stop blaming KG, I know you are upset, so am I. the reason our team got beat in the second half is that the Redskins stopped our run, meaning they beat our blockers at the point of attack, and they ran the ball over our defense, meaning they beat our linemen and backers at the point of attack. And KG didn't have anything to do with all of the penalties. Some you you want to blame someone because you are pissed, like me. However let's face it our team got beat by a team that executed better last night. But for all the apparent domination on their part in the second half, they still only one by one point, which makes it even more frustrating. Just remember these tough games hardened this team last year, and made them ready for the playoffs.
    Why were they able to adjust and we couldn't?

+ Reply to Thread