+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gilbride's worst ever?

Angry Kilbrides Achilles Heel....

I am certain that once the Giants pass within the 30 yard line of endzone, Gilbride seems to adopt a different approach, as if he is merely putting the kicker a few yards nearer for the field goal, the amount of times we are treated to a run up the middle followed by delayed draw and then a pass to a receiver 3 yards shy of the first down with two defenders bearing down. KG seems to be happy to take the field goal.
    We can score on long strikes and plunge in when we are inside the 10 but between the 30 and 10 yard line he seems to just go conservative as if he just doesnt have the gameplan to overcome defenses when the field compresses.

The second half was probably the most pathetic I have seen in a long time, all the commentators were harping on about what the defenses were showing Kilbride, and he just cannot make adjustments to counter. It was as if he walked out with 3 plays in his head and hope the D shut down the Offense to sneak a 16-10 win

Lastly, god forbid the Giants get a penalty on their drive, it seems that Kilbride has the automatic excuse that 'penalties killed us', opposition teams seem to be able to overcome penalties, last night the Redskins made it look easy.....

I would love to see what a talented OC and DC could do with this very talented team.

The Giants seem to be held by the preparations they made leading upto the game, if the preparations are successful, they will win the game, if they are not going successfully the Giants will lose simply because they dont have the ability to adjust on either side of the ball. Fact !

Quote Originally Posted by krankeybluechick View Post
    This burns my a** so much! Coughlin should fee ashamed of himself for keeping those two bums killdrive and fewell around.
    Coughlin is "disappointed" but never embarrassed that the Shanahans took him to school last night with a college level play calling and he was a mere bystander in the sidelines while his coordinators were ****ing up on all 3 sides.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Why were they able to adjust and we couldn't?
    Exactly! That is the biggest weakness of our coaching staff -- they NEVER adjust mid-game! I dont know if its due to stupidity, stubbornness, or arrogance (ie KG saying this week he's the best in the biz). Whatever the reason, it costs us a few games every year.

Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Blue 56 View Post
    Its getting to be a constant there is a reason nobody will hire him as a head coach. He has no adjustments what so ever. Seriously 3 n 20 and you call a screen knowing we havent stopped them all game. Watching Washigton switch up there calls all game makes me sick to my stomach we have this P.O.S as a coordinator.
    Even the raiders shot him down after one interview a few years back
    Close or you hit the bricks

All-Pro
    He does not get delay of game penalties. He does not hold defensive players. He does not get called for a false start. He does not over throw a WR.

This is to my point yesterday about Gilbride, he can call great games but this one was definitely a mix of bad play calling and execution. That screen pass was probably one of the worst calls of the game. Either Eli overthrew or the receivers were short/brain farted

I think he needed to tone down the running and tried more passing, but whatever, it is what it is at this point.

+ Reply to Thread