+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: GILBRIDE COST US THE GAME

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Yet, we've had a top 10 offense every year since he's been the OC. Strange.
    With the personnel we have had it is not so strange.

KG is brilliant with the vertical passing game and utilizing the WR talent we've acquired at this point but I do feel he leans a little too much on a vanilla power run game that can be quite unimaginative at times. I've noticed he gets a little too cozy with running in one particular area (ie right tackle or edge) even when the opposing defense shows that it can stop us there multiple times. That and he's a little shotgun draw happy but that's about all I can gripe about on a legit basis.

Veteran
    Atleast he has a sense of humor

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    With the personnel we have had it is not so strange.
    Take a look at the personnel Philly has.

Take a look at how they've performed.

The "wins in spite of KG" argument is utterly ridiculous at best.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    KG is brilliant with the vertical passing game and utilizing the WR talent we've acquired at this point but I do feel he leans a little too much on a vanilla power run game that can be quite unimaginative at times. I've noticed he gets a little too cozy with running in one particular area (ie right tackle or edge) even when the opposing defense shows that it can stop us there multiple times. That and he's a little shotgun draw happy but that's about all I can gripe about on a legit basis.
    Do you think that is more a reflection of him as a playcaller or the limitations of our offense, particularly the OL? I lean more towards the former rather than the latter.

Of course he isn't perfect... No OC is. I'm sure even the fans of the other high powered offenses around the NFL can find things to gripe about about their respective OCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Do you think that is more a reflection of him as a playcaller or the limitations of our offense, particularly the OL? I lean more towards the former rather than the latter.

Of course he isn't perfect... No OC is. I'm sure even the fans of the other high powered offenses around the NFL can find things to gripe about about their respective OCs.
    I recall the first quarter of the last Cowboys game he tried to run on Locklear's side majority of the time and didn't net much as a result. We went to Beatty's side twice and had over a 6 yard average. After a certain point, an OC needs to recognize when something isn't working. Not the biggest gripe in the world but he isn't perfect because of "2 SBs lol" like some would argue. Just trying to give an unbiased view on him.

Gilbride is the best there is. Its amazing how much heat this guy takes. He has one of the best schemes in the game...and for the last several years we had one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL whether throwing it or running it. Imagine if we had a decent GM, who did allow guys like Doug Martin to get away from us or a GM that actually cared about protecting Eli. Gilbride also makes sure he helps his struggling offensive line out with backs blocking and the HB draw. Dude is amazing.

Veteran
    The best OC in the game gets interviewed for hc jobs. gilbride gets no such offers

Thumbs up GILBRIDE COST US THE GAME

When he called a draw or screen on 3rd and 20. game over
    Last edited by Harooni; 12-04-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Coughlin using his Tablet

Punting while behind with less than 4 minutes to go and RG3 toying with the defense all night. They had no chance even with the timeouts.

+ Reply to Thread