+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: GILBRIDE COST US THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    they sure do, but you know what baffles and infuriates the HECK outta me even more? NON STOP PENALTIES ALL GAME!!! That's all on the players
    thats true more discipline the refs were calling a lot of things tonight though.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    When he called a draw on 3rd and 20. game over
    How do you know that he called that, as opposed to Eli checking into that play.

No way he called that. That was Eli's call.

Oh my ****ing god. That's not a bad call. Most OCs call that play in that situation. You take what the defense gives you, especially when your OL can't block for ****. What do you guys want, a five receiver set and a QB on IR, or a two man route that is easily contained with 6 or 7 under? You take the draw and if it doesn't work, try to play defense with 4 minutes. This isn't madden where 3rd and 20 you can run your whole playbook; there isn't much in reality that you can run in that down and distance. ****ing Ravens won by throwing a screen on 4th and 27. Colts won with Luck throwing a 3 yard dumpoff. When a defense calls a play to specifically keep you from getting 20+ yards or whatever it is you need, your chances of executing the play where you try to get it all is AT BEST equally as low as throwing a screen or running a draw. Now take your coaches cap off, wipe your tears, and go to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Oh my ****ing god. That's not a bad call. Most OCs call that play in that situation. You take what the defense gives you, especially when your OL can't block for ****. What do you guys want, a five receiver set and a QB on IR, or a two man route that is easily contained with 6 or 7 under? You take the draw and if it doesn't work, try to play defense with 4 minutes. This isn't madden where 3rd and 20 you can run your whole playbook; there isn't much in reality that you can run in that down and distance. ****ing Ravens won by throwing a screen on 4th and 27. Colts won with Luck throwing a 3 yard dumpoff. When a defense calls a play to specifically keep you from getting 20+ yards or whatever it is you need, your chances of executing the play where you try to get it all is AT BEST equally as low as throwing a screen or running a draw. Now take your coaches cap off, wipe your tears, and go to bed.
    These types of threads are generally why I try avoiding the forums for a day or two after a loss. Every idiot and their mother is on talking ******ed ****.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    draw or screen is a give up play when your down with 4 min left in the game, im sorry.

29 rushes against the 2nd worst pass defense in the NFL... That's brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by FUUFNF View Post
    Were you complaining when we were gashing them in the first half?

Quote Originally Posted by FUUFNF View Post
    you sir get it.

drez you know im not a dumbo poster and im not a big homer or anything that goes crazy after a loss. but come on that was a total give up call if i ever saw one.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    i feel like im taking crazy pills rudy!!! i know gilbride has had success but these type of play calls don't baffle the rest of the fans here???
    I am not saying KG called a great game, but i just want to point out that eli changed the play a few times resulting in the shotgun draw to bradshaw. the screen to bradshaw on 3rd and long wasnt the best call. But eli audibled to a good number of runs today. I take it those run calls were the main cause of your frustration

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Were you complaining when we were gashing them in the first half?
    drez you dont call the same things you would when you have 4min left and trailing. you dont make those safe calls anymore.

+ Reply to Thread