+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: GILBRIDE COST US THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    you sir get it.

drez you know im not a dumbo poster and im not a big homer or anything that goes crazy after a loss. but come on that was a total give up call if i ever saw one.
    Then you should realize that there aren't any good plays for 3rd and 20. What I think that call was was let's see if we can catch them sleeping and get 12-15 yards and go for it on 4th down. Unfortunately, they read the screen and blew the play up.

drez you dont call the same things you would when you have 4min left and trailing. you dont make those safe calls anymore.
    See my response above.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Were you complaining when we were gashing them in the first half?
    Of we were thrashing them in the first half! How many points did we score in that half? 38?
    "There is winning and there is Misery"

Then you should realize that there aren't any good plays for 3rd and 20. What I think that call was was let's see if we can catch them sleeping and get 12-15 yards and go for it on 4th down. Unfortunately, they read the screen and blew the play up.
    I agree with you on this, but it should've never come to having to hinge on this call. The Skins DBs were getting eaten up all night and we just stopped.

maybe but its way to conservative for the situation. and also going more to the run while Eli was hot. im not saying fire gilbride he is the worst but that one call ended the game basically.

Why do people get upset when we criticize our coaches?
    Good heavens it's not like we are throwing them into a pit of fire, there were some questionable play calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantterp View Post
    I agree but not for that play. Attack the defense's weakness. That's their passing d.
    agreed.. When he had those 2possesions where he ran on 1st and 2nd down and then left us in 3rd and long and then came back and ran on 1st and 2nd down again, but we got saved on a 3rd down penalty, i thought i was gonna puke..

When the announcers are pointing out that the skins pass defense is pathetic, and the giants keep trying to go at the skins strength, which makes no sense, u know its bad...

agreed, eli was getting hot and you start running. what foolish calls i saw that 2nd half.
    +1

When he called a draw or screen on 3rd and 20. game over
    Even Trent Dilfer said the Giants got lazy in the Red Zone!
    "There is winning and there is Misery"

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Why does everyone act like a coach on these boards? It was a brilliant game plan, we just once again did not execute with 390 yards of total offense.
    Don't you know? It is all about execution and never coaching. After all this coaching staff gave us 2 SB's

+ Reply to Thread