+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: GILBRIDE COST US THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post
    I agree with you on this, but it should've never come to having to hinge on this call. The Skins DBs were getting eaten up all night and we just stopped.
    And our pass protection wasn't nearly as good in the second half. Figuring that the Skins would have continued to be aggressive with the rush, a screen could have worked just as well there as trying something deep, especially if you think that we might have gone for it on 4th and under 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Why do people get upset when we criticize our coaches?
    Good heavens it's not like we are throwing them into a pit of fire, there were some questionable play calls.
    agreed.. Like as fans, were supposed to agree with everything and never disguss what we don't agree with.lol I mean, jesus were fans, not Gilbrides wife!!!lol Get a clue!

Gilbride has had proven success but lets face it we won superbowls because we held the pats to under 18 points. thats how we won them both!! go rewind the tapes and have a look at the first 3 quarters of offense. Gilbride has had the benefit of a good d that forces turnovers

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    maybe but its way to conservative for the situation. and also going more to the run while Eli was hot. im not saying fire gilbride he is the worst but that one call ended the game basically.
    The penalty before that call ended the game more than that call.

Screen pass on 3rd and 20 despite just missing Nicks and Cruz on 2 deep balls. Horrendous call. Run, run, pass the possession prior. Terrible calls. I dunno that it falls solely on Gilbride, but he certainly didn't put us in good position.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    agreed.. Like as fans, were supposed to agree with everything and never disguss what we don't agree with.lol I mean, jesus were fans, not Gilbrides wife!!!lol Get a clue!
    I swear some people on here are such coach homers it drives me insane.

Not a crazy thread but serious

Kevin Gilbride, I have been saying has used up his worthiness here with us. He has no more tricks in the bag and we need a new OC for next season with fresh plays, strong convictions to keep drives alive and be an all around OC. as much as I dislike the Pats, they have the necessary combo to play great every season.

their players play great all the time, the coaches are hardcore. Steelers are the same. They have both great organizations that perform.

our OC and DC are used up. when teams know what we are going to do, THAT's the issue. I see the team not trusting this coaching staff at all. boley is a great player and he gave up. that speaks volumes.

enjoy the crow coaches, need some collard greens or BBQ sauce to go with your crappy performances?
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    And our pass protection wasn't nearly as good in the second half. Figuring that the Skins would have continued to be aggressive with the rush, a screen could have worked just as well there as trying something deep, especially if you think that we might have gone for it on 4th and under 8.
    ya well, when u run on 1st and 2nd down, and get nothing, kinda easy to guess whats coming, ya know? It was terrible playcalling, and Gruden called out the giants for running to much and not picking on that pathetic secondary more himself..

Bench Player
    A couple of times this year the screen or the handoff has worked for us in similar situations, but the problem with this team at times is that they like to go back to the same well too often. Gets a little predictable after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by mike kennedy View Post
    Even Trent Dilfer said the Giants got lazy in the Red Zone!
    And Steve Young said the Giants were very sloppy and they were not playing Giants football. And of course Coughlin said he was "disappointed". I guess TC does not get embarrassed like we do.

+ Reply to Thread