+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: GILBRIDE COST US THE GAME

Yes that is exactly what I'm saying.... Who's our best player on offense genius?? It's Nicks, Cruz, and Bennet but you didn't read what I wrote. I said instead of a dumb of to Bradshaw get the ball into Nicks or Cruz hands with a 7-10 yard slant and see if he can break away. Then go for it on fourth down. You don't think that Washington's defense wasn't expecting a screen on 3rd and 20??? Even I knew they were going to throw a screen.....it was just to predictable on 3rd and 20.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    No coach is going for it when they are in Redskins territory, over 4 minutes, and they have 2 timeouts and are down one point. No one.
    Given that defense had forced two punts the whole night, going for it was the safer call. Trusting that pathetic defense to tackle someone is the real risk.

No coach is going for it when they are in Redskins territory, over 4 minutes, and they have 2 timeouts and are down one point. No one.
    LOL when you defense is not stopping them all night??? You have to feel how the game is going and make adjustment. If we don't get it then you can let them score or get close to the goaline with 2 to left and the 2 minute warning and give Eli a chance down 8.

So the Ravens play call was acceptable because Ray Rice is on another level? Yeah you're right, Gimpy Nicks or Dropsy Cruz -- with ALL the defensive eyes on them -- are picking it up. I love how now we are talking about going on fourth down, there was 4+ minutes left and we are in Redskins territory, that was probably NEVER considered. If we were that freaking desperate, we take the running into the punter penalty, go for it on 4th-10/11, and probably not convert. Then we are all crying because we didn't trust the defense.
    Yes that is exactly what I'm saying.... Who's our best player on offense genius?? It's Nicks, Cruz, and Bennet but you didn't read what I wrote. I said instead of a dumb of to Bradshaw get the ball into Nicks or Cruz hands with a 7-10 yard slant and see if he can break away. Then go for it on fourth down. You don't think that Washington's defense wasn't expecting a screen on 3rd and 20??? Even I knew they were going to throw a screen.....it was just to predictable on 3rd and 20.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    Given that defense had forced two punts the whole night, going for it was the safer call. Trusting that pathetic defense to tackle someone is the real risk.
    I also like to keep in mind that the coaches don't have the tool of hindsight. Needless to say, the odds of 3rd/4th-10+ are probably so rediculously low, that it actually is in fact NOT the safer choice in that instance.

Banned
    The choice in that instance to go for it is way higher than stopping them from getting a 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    LOL when you defense is not stopping them all night??? You have to feel how the game is going and make adjustment. If we don't get it then you can let them score or get close to the goaline with 2 to left and the 2 minute warning and give Eli a chance down 8.
    We gave up 17 points all night and won the turnover battle. Our defense, while ridiculously unlucky at times, was not giving up bombs all night. But you're on to something, you should let Coughlin know. Maybe you should tell the Hitler appeasers they were wrong in their efforts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    The choice in that instance to go for it is way higher than stopping them from getting a 1st.
    Link/proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    I read what you wrote it just doesn't go at all with what I'm arguing. What if Nicks or Cruz gets no YAC and it's 4th and 10? You go for it, because essentially that's the situation we were in. We didn't go for it on 4th and 11, but of course if that is what you're arguing then that has nothing to do with the play call, it's the management decision.

Veteran
    i think the offense can do and should do a much better job next week. there's no reason why the giants shouldn't be able to put up points on the saints defense. hopefully they take out their frustrations from this game out on to the next game.

+ Reply to Thread