+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: GILBRIDE COST US THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    wth??? i could have sworn i started this thread??? aliens???
    You did. It got merged with other threads.

People who claim they see Eli checking into a run off of a pass makes me crack up. What you see is Eli calling out adjustments, possibly a hot route or maybe simply calling the run off right tackle instead of left. Every single time he makes an adjustment at the line does NOT mean he's checking from a pass play into whatever run happens. It doesn't mean it doesn't happen, but I can almost guarantee its not every single time he's making an adjustment

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    You did. It got merged with other threads.
    i thought that but i saw my title and jjp post mixed. its weird.

anyway im not talking hindsight, i talking 3rd and 20 and you have only 2 timeouts and even if they didnt get a first down you have what 20 seconds left???

We have a PLAIN vanilla offense - if players execute it can work.

We havent tricked anyone in years

we havent added a "wrinkle" in years

No misdirection plays

No end arounds - just to keep people honest

We have no identity as an offense short of ELI making a great play - those seam passes where things of beauty

If Eli is the identity of this offense - we should live and die with it - deflating the ball to keep RG3 off the field was a bone head move and it cost us.

You can tell by how many posts I have made today that I am not happy and I think we were OUTCOACHED

Quote Originally Posted by Chazj1 View Post
    We have a PLAIN vanilla offense - if players execute it can work.

We havent tricked anyone in years

we havent added a "wrinkle" in years

No misdirection plays

No end arounds - just to keep people honest

We have no identity as an offense short of ELI making a great play - those seam passes where things of beauty

If Eli is the identity of this offense - we should live and die with it - deflating the ball to keep RG3 off the field was a bone head move and it cost us.

You can tell by how many posts I have made today that I am not happy and I think we were OUTCOACHED
    the thing with Eli is he made some great throws and then he follows them up with some overthrows or a delay of game. but the main problem is gilbride how do you keep running when besides hall they have a weak secondary???

fortunate would be the right word here. we somehow pull wins out of our #####. Not sure how we do it but its crazy. and then they think they are all geniuses and keep with the same crappy game plans.
    Man, you better stop with this logic that you're using here - I actually agree with you!!! You have been clear in the past that you're not a huge Eli supporter and I get that. Sometimes he's great, other times not, but he's still very good overall. Eli COULD have won the game for us last night without the terrible play calling and the horrendous field position provided by our "special" teams. However, the Giants have the worst game planning/scheming in the league. Yes, the entire league. We don't try to fool anyone or get anyone on defense out of position. We just plan on "out-executing" them. How often do we run on 2nd and 10 after missing a pass on first down? A LOT! How does ANYONE explain how many times we tried to run against a very good run defense last night? The Redskins are poor at pass defense, but darn that, we are going to establish a running game. And we did run some, but couldn't run much in the 2nd half. That doesn't stop the Giants brain trust though, does it? No sirree, we are damn well going to run the ball. And no Eli, you can't run the hurry-up which is what you do best. Why would we change things up just because they are not working? You are so right, we pull some games out of our ##@@%%**, but it sure isn't due to good coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Giant stuck in Texas View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    +100

Quote Originally Posted by Robert21156 View Post
    Man, you better stop with this logic that you're using here - I actually agree with you!!! You have been clear in the past that you're not a huge Eli supporter and I get that. Sometimes he's great, other times not, but he's still very good overall. Eli COULD have won the game for us last night without the terrible play calling and the horrendous field position provided by our "special" teams. However, the Giants have the worst game planning/scheming in the league. Yes, the entire league. We don't try to fool anyone or get anyone on defense out of position. We just plan on "out-executing" them. How often do we run on 2nd and 10 after missing a pass on first down? A LOT! How does ANYONE explain how many times we tried to run against a very good run defense last night? The Redskins are poor at pass defense, but darn that, we are going to establish a running game. And we did run some, but couldn't run much in the 2nd half. That doesn't stop the Giants brain trust though, does it? No sirree, we are damn well going to run the ball. And no Eli, you can't run the hurry-up which is what you do best. Why would we change things up just because they are not working? You are so right, we pull some games out of our ##@@%%**, but it sure isn't due to good coaching.
    i agree eli is a good qb up and down and great 2 min drill guy. and im happy he is the qb he has grown on me. frustrating because after a great pass he can make a bonehead move but i live with that. he made some throws yesterday that only peyton or brady could have made i know.

but my issue is with Gilbride. and you nailed it, they stick with the same thing over and over and i know it has worked but come on sometimes you have to switch things up.

i agree eli is a good qb up and down and great 2 min drill guy. and im happy he is the qb he has grown on me. frustrating because after a great pass he can make a bonehead move but i live with that. he made some throws yesterday that only peyton or brady could have made i know.

but my issue is with Gilbride. and you nailed it, they stick with the same thing over and over and i know it has worked but come on sometimes you have to switch things up.
    Never thought I'd say it, but YOU'RE the man!! We have to have the most predictable offense in the league. When the announcers say that the opponent's DB's know our receivers route trees, I'm just shaking my head. Eli did miss a couple of long throws last night, but how often do we have anyone running free in the secondary? Not often, and it's because EVERYTHING we do is stale. I'm truly ready for the entire coaching staff to be gone, even if we don't know what the future would hold then. The madness of our mediocrity is killing me. Our D-line totally sucked last night - very little pressure on RGIII and defensive ends crashing into the line while the ball is staying with the QB and going outside them by 5-10 yards!!! Embarrassing. Can we not coach a DE to stay home with an offense like that?

+ Reply to Thread