+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: GILBRIDE COST US THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Let's face it. We weren't able to stop them. We kicked FG's when they scored TDs. They executed we didn't. We lost fair and square.
    They scored two freaking touchdowns, one was flukey as hell, and we lost by ONE point. We didn't get blown out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Chazj1 View Post
    We have a PLAIN vanilla offense - if players execute it can work.

We havent tricked anyone in years

we havent added a "wrinkle" in years

No misdirection plays

No end arounds - just to keep people honest

We have no identity as an offense short of ELI making a great play - those seam passes where things of beauty

If Eli is the identity of this offense - we should live and die with it - deflating the ball to keep RG3 off the field was a bone head move and it cost us.

You can tell by how many posts I have made today that I am not happy and I think we were OUTCOACHED
    Count me in as one of the people that think Eli deserves the majority of credit for our offensive success.

Gilbride saves his most aggravating game plans for the NFC East.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToJPP View Post
    http://www.giants101.com/2012/12/03/...best-there-is/

Hey guys,

Say what you want about my main man Kevin, but he is my boy for life. He proves the doubters wrong when it counts, and throws in a vanilla gameplan to keep other teams off balance. He is almost as cool as Martellus Bennet.

Tina Turner wrote this song specifically for Kevin Gilbride...

“Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Link/proof?
    The proof is that it is obvious our defense was not going to stop them and we should have went for it. Heck, Tuck and Osi were just transfixed and fantasizing about Bobby Gee 3 that there was no way our defense was going to contain him with 4 minutes left on the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    The proof is that it is obvious our defense was not going to stop them and we should have went for it. Heck, Tuck and Osi were just transfixed and fantasizing about Bobby Gee 3 that there was no way our defense was going to contain him with 4 minutes left on the clock.
    Lucky drops also made the game closer, if they actually caught the wide open passes the score would be much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    The proof is that it is obvious
    In that case it shouldn't be difficult to cough up some tangible proof. We stopped them just that prior drive.

All-Pro
    I didn't realize the OC told his players to commit lots of penalties and not execute their plays. He really is at fault isn't he?

They scored two freaking touchdowns, one was flukey as hell, and we lost by ONE point. We didn't get blown out of the water.
    Of course we didn't get blown out of the water. They weren't able to stop us on offense as well. The big difference was they scored TDs and we didn't. We're the Kings of kicking FGs. It's bound to bite us in the butt at some point, and it did last week. Heck, against Green Bay, we pretty much scored touchdowns and subsequently blew them out. If we scored an extra TD here, we win. As crap as our defense is, they only gave up 17 points. If you want to place blame, the offense is more to blame for only being able to put up 16 points.

They scored 2 touchdowns, we scored one.
    #80 = Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
    #13 = Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Not to mention the missed FG, too.

Mostly, the penalties freaking killed up.

+ Reply to Thread