+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: GILBRIDE COST US THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Of course we didn't get blown out of the water. They weren't able to stop us on offense as well. The big difference was they scored TDs and we didn't. We're the Kings of kicking FGs. It's bound to bite us in the butt at some point, and it did last week. Heck, against Green Bay, we pretty much scored touchdowns and subsequently blew them out. If we scored an extra TD here, we win. As crap as our defense is, they only gave up 17 points. If you want to place blame, the offense is more to blame for only being able to put up 16 points.
    Why not blame the entire team? The penalties were brutal. The offense couldn't score. The defense couldn't get off the field in the 2nd half. ST's missed a FG and had several costly penalties that absolutely killed our field position (primarily in the 2nd half).

There's enough blame to go around where one side of the ball needn't be singled out.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Why not blame the entire team? The penalties were brutal. The offense couldn't score. The defense couldn't get off the field in the 2nd half. ST's missed a FG and had several costly penalties that absolutely killed our field position (primarily in the 2nd half).

There's enough blame to go around where one side of the ball needn't be singled out.
    I think the difference is that we have come to expect our defense to be mediocre with a few big plays... our offense on the other hand is supposed to be among the best in the league, something that we haven't seen for most of the second half of the season. I think as long as we are continuously told that Eli is "elite", our O coord is greatest offensive mind in the NFL and that our receiving group is the best... we will probably continue to expect them to play like they are.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToJPP View Post
    http://www.giants101.com/2012/12/03/...best-there-is/

Hey guys,

Say what you want about my main man Kevin, but he is my boy for life. He proves the doubters wrong when it counts, and throws in a vanilla gameplan to keep other teams off balance. He is almost as cool as Martellus Bennet.
    does gilbride play D? could kilbride not stop a nose bleed, never mind the run? there is plenty of blame to go around,,he is only part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Of course we didn't get blown out of the water. They weren't able to stop us on offense as well. The big difference was they scored TDs and we didn't. We're the Kings of kicking FGs. It's bound to bite us in the butt at some point, and it did last week. Heck, against Green Bay, we pretty much scored touchdowns and subsequently blew them out. If we scored an extra TD here, we win. As crap as our defense is, they only gave up 17 points. If you want to place blame, the offense is more to blame for only being able to put up 16 points.
    Yeah, you're right, but there's a reason for that. Trying to run the ball too much when that's the other team's strength is pure Giants "hard-headedness" from the coaching staff. When the other team is weak against the pass, then you pass the ball the vast majority of the time. At least one sequence in the 2nd half we ran on first AND second down and then had 3rd and long. We ran the ball well in the first half, but not the 2nd, but we didn't change our playcalling to adjust for that. Gilbride should shoulder a lot of the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Tina Turner wrote this song specifically for Kevin Gilbride...

lmao

Coughlin using his Tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Robert21156 View Post
    Yeah, you're right, but there's a reason for that. Trying to run the ball too much when that's the other team's strength is pure Giants "hard-headedness" from the coaching staff. When the other team is weak against the pass, then you pass the ball the vast majority of the time. At least one sequence in the 2nd half we ran on first AND second down and then had 3rd and long. We ran the ball well in the first half, but not the 2nd, but we didn't change our playcalling to adjust for that. Gilbride should shoulder a lot of the blame.
    Including all called passing plays (includes scrambles, sacks, and plays negated by penalty) we ran pass plays 4 more times than running plays in the second half. We only had 2 3rd and longs, both of which were set up by an incomplete pass on first down. The times in the second half that we ran on 1st and 2nd down netted a 3-5 (though one of the runs was scramble on a called pass) a 3-4, and a first down.

People do not understand that the coaching staff tried to establish the run to shortened the game. The Redskins option offense is damn near unstoppable against our 4-3 front. People can say" Well Fewell should switch it up", well thats a problem when your GM do not draft linebackers or have Defensive Ends who are willingly to play other positions. We are also have problems with the speed at the position too, which is why Rolle was taking on blocks from a 270lb fullback. Jacquien Williams was a perfect fit against this defense. Blackburn came to play but Rivers and Boley were lost out there.

The Giants were able to keep RG3 off the field...but stupid penalties killed our drives. You can blame refs all you want but false starts and delay of games and intentional grounding is inexcusable. The holding calls were pretty clear too...I seen Locklear bet right off the snap with an inside move and he was holding for dear life. Beatty was getting beat around the edge too which is inexcusable because Orakpo is not there.

+ Reply to Thread