+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Does Gilbride know that the skins suck at stopping the pass, and are good at stopping the run? The one game Gilbride wants to run over and over is this game? Really? Ok, I'm in. Fire Gilbride.

5trive for Fiv5

Terrible at Adjusting to adjustments

No no no, Giants have been winning team for some time. We also have a harder division than the Pats. Jets were the only team that gave them problems and I mean GAVE them problems.

Quote Originally Posted by hungrrrry View Post
    There are so many times when I wish we had a top ten pair of coordinators....Fewell is more garbage than Gilbride but Gilbride does try for the title often but Special teams really hurt us today
    I believe both guys are playing with a full deck. The talent on this team make they look like geniuses sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    oh agreed.. Missing a FG, stupid penalties, ELI missing Nicks and Cruz deep in 1st half, and redzone offense were huge reasons why we lost..

But my point is u have to use ur strengths.. When the giants come out and really let eli just throw his arm off, there more dangerous then when they try and be balanced.. They run better when the pass games working, and not vice versa.. Meaning, our pass offense opens up our rushing more then the other way around..

Again, we finished last in the laegue in rushing last yr.. We also don't have a AP or Arian Foster.. We have a decent RB , but awesome Wideouts and awesome QB.. It should be 3-1 in favor of pass every s Quarter, unless the pass did its job and u mix in a few moe timely runs because u scared the bejesus outta em with the pass and there dropping ex guys into coverege...
    Also, they could not cover Bennett in the middle because they were doubling on Cruz and Nicks, but Killdrive was too stupid to take advantage of this. Even Bear Pascoe burned them. Oh, well, TC is the best coach and we have the best OC and DC in the NFL, it is just the darn players who cannot execute the brilliant Run, Run, Pass, Kick game plan.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    oh agreed.. Missing a FG, stupid penalties, ELI missing Nicks and Cruz deep in 1st half, and redzone offense were huge reasons why we lost..

But my point is u have to use ur strengths.. When the giants come out and really let eli just throw his arm off, there more dangerous then when they try and be balanced.. They run better when the pass games working, and not vice versa.. Meaning, our pass offense opens up our rushing more then the other way around..

Again, we finished last in the laegue in rushing last yr.. We also don't have a AP or Arian Foster.. We have a decent RB , but awesome Wideouts and awesome QB.. It should be 3-1 in favor of pass every s Quarter, unless the pass did its job and u mix in a few moe timely runs because u scared the bejesus outta em with the pass and there dropping ex guys into coverege...
    I can't say I necessarily disagree with all that, especially after the OL just wasn't opening holes in the second half. However, we still don't know how many of those runs Eli checked into, and I'd still say the biggest bugaboo of the game were the penalties. The play calling may have been just ok, but we could have been in a much better position without the penalties.

He called the play as a give up.

Quote Originally Posted by GiveWilsonDBall View Post
    Every kickoff had us re-placed as deeply in our own end as they could, especially the late Wilson return that could surely have made a difference.in the game, and the holding penalty in he fourth quarter??? No sour grapes, we did not play well, but those flags just seemed to come in too perfectly to set us back just at the right (wrong) time.

There is holding and blocking in the back on every kickoff, and there is holding on virtually every play. Amazing how it was only us doing it 95% of the time tonight and precisely at the very worst times!
    I totally agree. The Skins were holding like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by GiveWilsonDBall View Post
    Every kickoff had us re-placed as deeply in our own end as they could, especially the late Wilson return that could surely have made a difference.in the game, and the holding penalty in he fourth quarter??? No sour grapes, we did not play well, but those flags just seemed to come in too perfectly to set us back just at the right (wrong) time.

There is holding and blocking in the back on every kickoff, and there is holding on virtually every play. Amazing how it was only us doing it 95% of the time tonight and precisely at the very worst times!
    Coincidence the spread was Giants -1??lol

This was one of the worst officiated games ever, no one will call out the refs from the media though of course.