+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    How is a backflip dangerous? How is it anymore dangerous than any player jumping at any point during a game or in a celebration?
    I suppose flipping would generate more momentum. A bad landing could break his ankle. The same could be said for Bradshaw's spike, though.

Wilson is experienced in performing these so it shouldn't be an issue.

I'm gonna give coach some slack here. I don't think it was that one fumble way back when keeping DW off the field. Running backs need to block first in our offense and they weren't about to put him in if they had any concerns about this part of his game. i think it's great he's coming on at the end of the season - opponents don't have much film on him so it's a nice little surprise for everyone!

GO GIANTS!!!!

You guys need to relax....it's not any worse then doing the Lambeau leap and misses the wall and falling on your ankle. The kid has done this for years I think he knows how to land right...

Bench Player
    Wilson's been doing the flip thing since his early school days... He did it all through college too.. No big deal if you ask me.. been doing it for a decade.. If it doesn't worry TC, it doesn't worry me.. If he stops it you know that TC may have said something to him.. Glad to see him getting some touches and happy he shows excitement.. good days ahead.

So is the argument you are making that no players shall ever be allowed to jump at all in celebration? Because it is far too dangerous?

Still waiting for this list of athletes that have torn up their legs doing a backflip...
    You want a list? COME ON MAN!! You are being ridiculous. He doesnt need to do that and risk injury, we are already giving him a chance to make a name and we have nobody else to fill in. He is being an idiot doing that crap. I am done discussing it.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

That's the first thing I thought of...he better stop that cause he might hurt himself.

I'm also very concerned that he might start running around the house with scissors.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

How is a backflip dangerous? How is it anymore dangerous than any player jumping at any point during a game or in a celebration?
    personally i think the backflip is more dangerous than most celebrations! i mean Wilson could "slip" (pun intended) during his backflip and injure his back or neck area!

i believe TC will discontinue that celebration for safety sake.

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    You want a list? COME ON MAN!! You are being ridiculous. He doesnt need to do that and risk injury, we are already giving him a chance to make a name and we have nobody else to fill in. He is being an idiot doing that crap. I am done discussing it.
    Yes, Im the one being ridiculous.

But the claim that doing a backflip can seriously injure him with absolutely NO evidence at all what so ever for that claim is perfectly logical.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    personally i think the backflip is more dangerous than most celebrations! i mean Wilson could "slip" (pun intended) during his backflip and injure his back or neck area!
    So could Bennet when he got stuck in the net and almost fell over.

Or hell, someone could get hurt playing football. But lets not be crazy.

Immedately ban all celebrations involving "moving", its just far too dangerous to allow athletes to move. They are clearly just one jump away from breaking every bone in their bodies.

Bench Player
    seriously.. he's not going to get injured doing this.. he has never been injured doing this.. he knows what he is doing.. the coaches knew about this ritual when he was drafted.. clearly no one ever expressed a concern before and told him he shouldn't do it.. why? because not even the coaches feel it's a significant risk.. if it doesn't bother them and neither the coaches nor the player is concerned, then why should it bother others? why don't we just cover all players in bubble wrap when they score to prevent a freak injury? why not carry the players to and from the stadium because clearly they can get injured by twisting a knee walking to the field? crap can happen anytime, anyplace.. lighten up and celebrate the good day he had.. I swear there are too many people who only look to nitpick everything.