+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Giants D needs a changing of the guard

    Blackburn
    Rolle
    Prince
    Brown
    Phillips (when healthy)

    Are the only people that make any impact plays. Blackburn causes a turnover a game just about, prince makes nice tackles good coverage. Rolle is very versatile Steve Brown looks good for the first year. When phillips plays we look good.

    JPP needs to loose some weight. Tuck and Osi are done. Canty Bernard non factors. Every linebacked outside blackburn is trash.

    That entire dumb game was 2 plays option run up the middle/ option griffin run right. The front line got manhandled. The giants barely got a hit on griffin, Fewel had 0 creativity. How about a corner blitz or a 5 man front?

    I mean I guess holding a team to 17 points is pretty good, but like every run for the redskins was like 8 yards. What a mess.

    And then mr 4th quarter comes in and goes 3 and out. Bla.

  2. #2
    You may be right. I've made a post we need players for RG3. We get that then we got players for every rb and player like him to make him ordinary. Yet it may be hard to do that cause the Giants have had a lot of success and the players we need may be in the early rounds.

  3. #3
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,021
    I've been trying to voice this, well said.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,316
    Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    Blackburn
    Rolle
    Prince
    Brown
    Phillips (when healthy)

    Are the only people that make any impact plays. Blackburn causes a turnover a game just about, prince makes nice tackles good coverage. Rolle is very versatile Steve Brown looks good for the first year. When phillips plays we look good.

    JPP needs to loose some weight. Tuck and Osi are done. Canty Bernard non factors. Every linebacked outside blackburn is trash.

    That entire dumb game was 2 plays option run up the middle/ option griffin run right. The front line got manhandled. The giants barely got a hit on griffin, Fewel had 0 creativity. How about a corner blitz or a 5 man front?

    I mean I guess holding a team to 17 points is pretty good, but like every run for the redskins was like 8 yards. What a mess.

    And then mr 4th quarter comes in and goes 3 and out. Bla.
    lol are you saying JPP needs to go on a diet?

  5. #5
    Please, JPP is the last of our defensive woes. He is almost always doubled, sometimes TRIPLED. TRIPLED man! The hell are you expecting when he gets mauled by two lineman then gets chipped by a TE/RB? He's human.

    Tuck is just a slightly above average DE at this stage in his career. Osi has played much better in recent weeks but he's also meh....

    What this defense needs is LINEBACKERS. GET SOME STUD LBS GODDAMMIT....

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantWarfare View Post
    Please, JPP is the last of our defensive woes. He is almost always doubled, sometimes TRIPLED. TRIPLED man! The hell are you expecting when he gets mauled by two lineman then gets chipped by a TE/RB? He's human.

    Tuck is just a slightly above average DE at this stage in his career. Osi has played much better in recent weeks but he's also meh....

    What this defense needs is LINEBACKERS. GET SOME STUD LBS GODDAMMIT....
    If JPP gets double and tripped teamed then it means that everyone else on the giants D Line is a terrible.

    Tuck is slightly above average..... is 1 tackle in a game above average?
    Osi probably had one tackle too.... he has his little strip sack gig but that is not stopping griffin or anyone who runs at him.

    Stud linebackers? Kiwi is DE turned LB....Yet where is he on runs... No where!

    Go check the stats on NFL.com weak.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    If JPP gets double and tripped teamed then it means that everyone else on the giants D Line is a terrible.

    Tuck is slightly above average..... is 1 tackle in a game above average?
    Osi probably had one tackle too.... he has his little strip sack gig but that is not stopping griffin or anyone who runs at him.

    Stud linebackers? Kiwi is DE turned LB....Yet where is he on runs... No where!

    Go check the stats on NFL.com weak.
    We're on the same page here bro...

    We need some stud LBs, something we've been lacking FOREVER...

    As for Tuck, I guess I was being generous. The point is, aside from injuries, our defensive deficiencies fall on our refusal to acquire some impact linebackers. That falls on management. BTW Kiwi is a DE and should be on the line.

  8. #8
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,310
    Marvin Austin - bust.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

  9. #9
    To the OP: Prince is also solid on our defense. I'd include him in your list. He's pretty good at shutting down his target even if you don't hear his name called that often.

    But Please for the love of crap get rid of Webster. Hosley is better than him at this point...


    Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    lol are you saying JPP needs to go on a diet?
    JPP is starting to look like a 5 technique.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts