+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

All according to the script...

Comparison of 2011-2012 seasons...

-Week 1: Come out flat against division rival (2011 Skins, 2012 Dallas)
    -Week 2: Bounce back and make epic comeback win after occupying basement of division (2011 STL, 2012 TB)
    -Week 3: Trounce some over-hyped has-been running QB (2011 PHI, 2012 CAR)

-Lose an easily winnable game due to a playcalling snafu on offense (2011W5 SEA, 2012W4 PHI)
    -Another comeback win against a mediocre team (2011W4 ARI, 2012W5 CLE)

-Week 6: Against all odds, beat a red-hot team (2011 BUF, 2012 SF)
    -Game 7: Eke out ugly win (2011W8 MIA, 2012W7 WAS)
    -Game 8: Win a close nail-biter down to the wire (2011W9 NE, 2012W8 DAL)
    -Game 9: Blow a lead at the end, Eli can't perform his usual magic to come back (2011W10 SF, 2012W9 PIT)

Also on tap:
    -Get the **** blown out of us for no apparent reason (2011W12 NO, 2012W10 CIN)
    -Play like Champions against the Pack (2011W13, 2012 W12)
    -Lose a close division game that we really shouldn't have (2011W11 PHI, 2012W13 WAS)

Some of the weeks are re-shuffled a little and some of the supporting cast are different, but this is still the same freaking story we've seen... It all ends with us winning the super bowl.

I loved all the "stop bringing up 2007!!" last year, when it was so similar it was scary.

I said last week we would beat the Packers and probably lose to the skins this week. To bad I am not a betting man.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

That's pretty cool, but I don't put much stock into it.

Although for what it's worth, I don't recall our game with the Rams last year being any kind of big comeback.

I would like to add "Come back after losing a hard loss to Washington, being behind the following week, followed by an end-to-end TD" (last year Cruz vs Jets, this year Wilson's kickoff TD)... TC said that the 99 yarder is what lit the fire, maybe Wilson just did the same here...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Comparison of 2011-2012 seasons...

-Week 1: Come out flat against division rival (2011 Skins, 2012 Dallas)
    -Week 2: Bounce back and make epic comeback win after occupying basement of division (2011 STL, 2012 TB)
    -Week 3: Trounce some over-hyped has-been running QB (2011 PHI, 2012 CAR)

-Lose an easily winnable game due to a playcalling snafu on offense (2011W5 SEA, 2012W4 PHI)
    -Another comeback win against a mediocre team (2011W4 ARI, 2012W5 CLE)

-Week 6: Against all odds, beat a red-hot team (2011 BUF, 2012 SF)
    -Game 7: Eke out ugly win (2011W8 MIA, 2012W7 WAS)
    -Game 8: Win a close nail-biter down to the wire (2011W9 NE, 2012W8 DAL)
    -Game 9: Blow a lead at the end, Eli can't perform his usual magic to come back (2011W10 SF, 2012W9 PIT)

Also on tap:
    -Get the **** blown out of us for no apparent reason (2011W12 NO, 2012W10 CIN)
    -Play like Champions against the Pack (2011W13, 2012 W12)
    -Lose a close division game that we really shouldn't have (2011W11 PHI, 2012W13 WAS)

Some of the weeks are re-shuffled a little and some of the supporting cast are different, but this is still the same freaking story we've seen... It all ends with us winning the super bowl.
    Great post.....definitely feeling the deja vu.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I would like to add "Come back after losing a hard loss to Washington, being behind the following week, followed by an end-to-end TD" (last year Cruz vs Jets, this year Wilson's kickoff TD)... TC said that the 99 yarder is what lit the fire, maybe Wilson just did the same here...
    I still think the game would have turned out differently had Wilson not returned that one. That gave the momentum right back to us.

David Wilson saved our *** on Sunday.

Veteran
    what's interesting is that if the giants hold on to the number 4 seed they could possibly face sanfran at home in the first round. if the season ended today it would be seattle but i think seattle still has a good shot at winning that division. sanfran has to play at new england on sunday night next week and seattle faces the bills in toronto. then sanfran has to face seattle at seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    I still think the game would have turned out differently had Wilson not returned that one. That gave the momentum right back to us.

Just like Cruz did on christmas last year. Exactly the point I was just trying to make. Eli had just thrown a pick 6 and the Saints defense had scored the first points. Wilson's return put us right back in it, and we took off from there...

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post

Yes he did. He was "on fire" and seemed to want more and more, didn't just sit on his laurels. All in all it was a thrilling game.