+ Reply to Thread

What Def did they use

The 5 other teams that beat the redskins what kind of defense did they use .Do you think just because we beat them the first time our def would come thru again.Im mean defending the run game.How did the other teams stop their run game and maybe the Giants should have looked at those teams and incorporated some of that into their def.In that second half they adjusted and ran all over us but still didnt score that many pts.
    "it don't cost you nothing to be nice"

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by giantcarll View Post
    The 5 other teams that beat the redskins what kind of defense did they use .Do you think just because we beat them the first time our def would come thru again.Im mean defending the run game.How did the other teams stop their run game and maybe the Giants should have looked at those teams and incorporated some of that into their def.In that second half they adjusted and ran all over us but still didnt score that many pts.
    Coming into the game, most people thought it'd be a barn burner, something in the neighborhood of 38-35. If you were told the Skins would only get 17, you'd think Gmen win the game...especially the way Skins lit up the Boys on Thanksgiving. Especially with the time of possession and t.o. edge. Hey, Gmen force an RG3 fumble and the ball lands in their guy's hands for a td. On Thanksgiving, Jets do that and it lands in Edelman's arms. Karma, what can you do about it?

So, the D, as bad as it looked at times because of not keeping contain and being overly aggressive the way they bit on fakes did a serviceable job. It was enough to win. Not taking curious penalty calls into account, the Gmen, for many many years, settle for 3 when they could have 7. Last night it came back to bite them. Simple as that. Maybe it's play calling, going conservative. Don't know. I'm not that bright. I do know two trips into the red zone to get 2 fg's is still not as good as one trip for a td. Kick the PAT and it's one pt. better.

The worst stat is learning your kicker is the league's leading scorer. I like Tynes, like him a lot, but I wish he was kicking more PATs and not so many fgs

I was thinking before last night's game, Gmen win out and Atlanta falters...Gmen have a chance at the 1 seed. Not to be. It's like they prefer the hard road. Buckle up, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.