+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Shanahans and RG3 installed and runs an offense most professionals arent familiar with.....yet! hes gotten much hype because hes good at what he does right now!

i fully expect dc's to devise defenses that will eventually shut RG3 down. he wont be as effective even as early as next season! the key to the skins offense with RG3 is his ability to effectively hide the ball during the play action! his running ability is also a huge factor in their game.

during Mondays game our defense did do their job to an extent but did not do their jobs late in the game!

besides that the offense stunk the place up in the 2nd half contributing to the loss by only scoring 3 points.....against that defense! amazing.

personally i think RG3 will end up as Vick 2 in a coupla years! he cant continue to take the hits hes taken in his 1st nfl season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
    Big Ben made a career not being able to read defenses. All he does is buy enough time for his receivers to eventually run free. People said that Big Ben would be captain concussion as well, but he won 2 superbowls and still have the steelers looking decent. The NFL is about big plays, and these guys are playmakers.
    Very true, but look at all the injuries Ben has had. And even then,Ben is way bigger and stronger than RG3.

Big Ben made a career not being able to read defenses. All he does is buy enough time for his receivers to eventually run free. People said that Big Ben would be captain concussion as well, but he won 2 superbowls and still have the steelers looking decent. The NFL is about big plays, and these guys are playmakers.
    Ben has always read defenses just fine

not sure what you are talking about

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    Ben has always read defenses just fine

not sure what you are talking about
    Ben usually doesnt make the pre-snap reads (calling out the mike etc.), I guess what we're used to seeing Eli and more and more qb's doing typically Ben's center will, maybe that?
    ...the tortillas are dry...

Veteran
    Shanahan is creative with his offense, unlike the giants.

Why do people keep saying that the Redskins have a killer O-Line? Its decent but not a killer O-line. Zone blocking and option offenses is built to help offensive linemen who are not maulers. Even when I was in highschool we had a smallish Offensive Line and ran a zone blocking veer offense and it helped us playing against St. Joe's, Don Bosco and even Teaneck when Tamba Hali was out there.

Shanahan is known for having smallish athletic offensive lines to incorporate the zone blocking scheme. Zone blocking takes the entire offensive line to work together and the instincts to know who to leave unblocked and during a double team (who to scrape off to the second level defenders). There are many trap blocks and pulls. This made is hard for our Defensive Line because when you are even in highschool you are told to fight against the trap block instead of running around it. RG3 was able to run the option from either side of the formation from the pistol formation. It was an excellent scheme for a small O Line and negated anything our Dline could do....It was a guessing game for Defensive Ends. This is why I suggested never running a 4-3 against this scheme. Many college teams run a 4-4 and 50 defense.
    I said it because they pushed the vaunted Giant's D-line all over the field twice this year and their RB averaged 7 yards a carry against the GIants twice. So, maybe they're a killer O line or maybe the Giants D sucks it....whichever.
    Last edited by Sarcasman; 12-08-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    no he didn't design the offense

but he has never had to drop back and read a defense in his life

my point is he will eventually need to learn to do that or he will be captain concussion

this pistol read option is not going to work forever

Agreed. My point is that Shanahan is the reason the Skins are now relevant. Griffin is the face, Shanahan is the brains. Shanahan would have this team back to relevancy without Griffin. The odds of the opposite happening are much, much slimmer.
    Last edited by Sarcasman; 12-08-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    Shanahans and RG3 installed and runs an offense most professionals arent familiar with.....yet! hes gotten much hype because hes good at what he does right now!

i fully expect dc's to devise defenses that will eventually shut RG3 down. he wont be as effective even as early as next season! the key to the skins offense with RG3 is his ability to effectively hide the ball during the play action! his running ability is also a huge factor in their game.

during Mondays game our defense did do their job to an extent but did not do their jobs late in the game!

besides that the offense stunk the place up in the 2nd half contributing to the loss by only scoring 3 points.....against that defense! amazing.

personally i think RG3 will end up as Vick 2 in a coupla years! he cant continue to take the hits hes taken in his 1st nfl season.
    He's already much, much better than Vick ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    He's already much, much better than Vick ever was.
    I agree...he's 10 times better than Vick. People do not want to give this man props, but he's good. Any fan that thinks the Giants shut him down last week is delusional.