Also the hype is because he led us all year and is the catalyst behind our resurgence. Everything we do is still based off his skillset. U lose all credibility when u say there are far more talented rookie QB's. That's just hate
I guess I am the only Giant fan that can realize that it's not about QB numbers with Griffin. His style of play is incredibly difficult to defend. Especially with how our defense is built. We are built around our speed rushers at DE, and because of this we have slower LB's that arent much of a factor. Well our DE's are stuck playing the contain game against this offense. And when they don't contain, we saw what happened with two big plays last night, one on JPP and one on Osi. I am not saying I have the answer but this team is gonna have to figure out an answer for the Skins offense, because its only gonna get better.
Not the actual Man, Myth, Legend....Just a Giant fan since birth, I come in peace
Reptile Dysfuntion had a fumble and it was magical according to Gruden. I wanted to mute the TV so bad because they kept gushing over Reptile dysfuntion.
I really wish the Giants went for it on 4th down. Whats there to lose at that point? They were running all over us.
ESPN's lovefest is definitely over the top but the accolades that RG3 gets are mostly warranted.
His game is a lot different than Vick's in his prime. Frankly, the Giant's D looked confused. When they made adjustments to stop RG3 Alfred Morris would run wild. When they committed to Alfred Morris RG3 would go outside for a big gain. When they decided to shoot the gaps against the run RG would pass over the top. I have to admit it's an exciting offense to watch that's changing the NFL.
I've been thinking about why RGIII is difficult to defend, and here are the top three reasons IMO
1. The Redskins run their offense from multiple formations. On a short week defenses need to work on multiple looks vs. a standard formation. That's a lot more film study and practice dedicated to multiple sets. And you're not quite sure what you are going to see on game day.
2. With Alfred Morris, their running game is an every down threat. RGIII is very good at selling the play action fake, and he has stopped many DEs and safeties in their tracks. The problem for defensive players is that the can't react instinctively, they are forced to think. With the speed of this game, a split second hesitation can give up a huge play. RGIII has the football intelligence to spot a breakdown and exploit it.
3. Finally, RGIII is just plain fast. You can watch all the film you want, but you can't teach yourself to run faster.
SG88's new to do list:
1) No vulgar familial comments
2) Don't engage in verbal warfare with other members
3) Obey all rules and regulations
4) Stay hungry and humble
5) Ignore MD at all costs