+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert Griffin has mediocre game...hailed king

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    In his prime Vick could make every throw. The Giants offense did more to help Washington win last night more than RG3 did.
    Actually Vick didn't become a good passer until after he left prison. Don't know how he morphed into a good passer, but he did. During his years in Atlanta, he was fast and elusive as heck.

Bench Player
    Also the hype is because he led us all year and is the catalyst behind our resurgence. Everything we do is still based off his skillset. U lose all credibility when u say there are far more talented rookie QB's. That's just hate

I guess I am the only Giant fan that can realize that it's not about QB numbers with Griffin. His style of play is incredibly difficult to defend. Especially with how our defense is built. We are built around our speed rushers at DE, and because of this we have slower LB's that arent much of a factor. Well our DE's are stuck playing the contain game against this offense. And when they don't contain, we saw what happened with two big plays last night, one on JPP and one on Osi. I am not saying I have the answer but this team is gonna have to figure out an answer for the Skins offense, because its only gonna get better.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I guess I am the only Giant fan that can realize that it's not about QB numbers with Griffin. His style of play is incredibly difficult to defend. Especially with how our defense is built. We are built around our speed rushers at DE, and because of this we have slower LB's that arent much of a factor. Well our DE's are stuck playing the contain game against this offense. And when they don't contain, we saw what happened with two big plays last night, one on JPP and one on Osi. I am not saying I have the answer but this team is gonna have to figure out an answer for the Skins offense, because its only gonna get better.
    It will be an interesting draft that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post
    Also the hype is because he led us all year and is the catalyst behind our resurgence. Everything we do is still based off his skillset. U lose all credibility when u say there are far more talented rookie QB's. That's just hate
    Thats a negative on the hate part sir. What about Andrew Luck who's having a heck of year leading the Cults back. We should all be talking about him. You guys should be happy you have a QB finally that you can get hyped about, but the media is over blowing that game last night, having him sit on the podium for a post game interview like he's the hero that saved the game. Eli at times looked a hell of a lot better than Griffin IMHO if you ask me, or anyone else for that matter.
    Not the actual Man, Myth, Legend....Just a Giant fan since birth, I come in peace

Reptile Dysfuntion had a fumble and it was magical according to Gruden. I wanted to mute the TV so bad because they kept gushing over Reptile dysfuntion.

I really wish the Giants went for it on 4th down. Whats there to lose at that point? They were running all over us.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    In his prime Vick could make every throw. The Giants offense did more to help Washington win last night more than RG3 did.
    Wow - talk about revisionist history. By his prime Im assuming you mean Atlanta where he was an incredibly innacurate passer. All you would hear is that if he could improve on his passing game how unstoppable he COULD be. He's always had a cannon but there was never a time in Atalnta where he could make every throw. Never.
    --80--

ESPN's lovefest is definitely over the top but the accolades that RG3 gets are mostly warranted.

His game is a lot different than Vick's in his prime. Frankly, the Giant's D looked confused. When they made adjustments to stop RG3 Alfred Morris would run wild. When they committed to Alfred Morris RG3 would go outside for a big gain. When they decided to shoot the gaps against the run RG would pass over the top. I have to admit it's an exciting offense to watch that's changing the NFL.

Banned
    I've been thinking about why RGIII is difficult to defend, and here are the top three reasons IMO

1. The Redskins run their offense from multiple formations. On a short week defenses need to work on multiple looks vs. a standard formation. That's a lot more film study and practice dedicated to multiple sets. And you're not quite sure what you are going to see on game day.
    2. With Alfred Morris, their running game is an every down threat. RGIII is very good at selling the play action fake, and he has stopped many DEs and safeties in their tracks. The problem for defensive players is that the can't react instinctively, they are forced to think. With the speed of this game, a split second hesitation can give up a huge play. RGIII has the football intelligence to spot a breakdown and exploit it.
    3. Finally, RGIII is just plain fast. You can watch all the film you want, but you can't teach yourself to run faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Christie View Post
    Look, I get this guy is elusive and he is a great up and coming talent, but he puts up mediocre stats against our Giants and he's basically hailed the king of the NFL. The guy put up 13-21 and 163 yards with 1 touchdown. To me that's not even worthy of an article, yet it's 7:00 in the morning and I've come across 3 articles already just on my phone, and I haven't even picked up the paper yet. The lovefest this guy received last night on ESPN was sickening, I felt like throwing my remote through the television. They got lucky on a few plays that went their way. I get the argument that he did just enough to get his team a victory, but I'm not buying into this RG111 hype. I get that the Redskins haven't had anything worth talking about for the last decade, but please media, let it go, there is far more talented rookie QB's to talk about every freaking day. Don't mind me, just venting.
    I wouldn't call his game mediocre. He didn't turn the ball over and made some plays. I would agree that he had a game that was below the standards that he has set.
    Close or you hit the bricks

+ Reply to Thread