+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Let's not try to rationalize the game by criticizing RGIII. His numbers might not have been pretty, but he was incredibly effective. He had NY off guard all night. If he played for us, we'd all be crowning him as the next legend.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluetribe View Post
    This is just a fad, they run a very simple yet different offense. Bob can make plays with his feet yes, hes fast as heck, but he will get beat up over time, people will figure out this scheme and he will nothing more than a normal qb. I give them credit for what they did, our coaches are dumb so that certaintly helps but as a qb hes hasnt show me much, they set him up for simple things and he executes, time will tell but im not worried
    You could be right, but I'm not so sure about that. RGIII is forcing defenses to think, rather than react instinctively. Even worse, it forces defenses to gamble. Sometimes you're right, and sometimes you get torched. I would hate to be a defensive coordinator game-planning against this offense.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    I thought that we played very well against him -- they scored 17 points. Problem was that we scored only 16. Not airing the ball out more to take advantage of the skins greatest weekness was a mind boggling decision.
    It's like this teams gets retarted when we play division rivals....Pass was working to perfection the first half and you basically stop throwing lol. Oh man this team....

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Let's not try to rationalize the game by criticizing RGIII. His numbers might not have been pretty, but he was incredibly effective. He had NY off guard all night. If he played for us, we'd all be crowning him as the next legend.
    No I wouldn't cause I know in the playoffs you have tyo go through your progressions and make tough difficult throws...consistently. I mean they are kinda of right the hype with this kid is "SICKENING". It's a team sport and he is always mentioned before their team. I think that will ware thin in the locker room. Anyway Eli played incredible last night and some of the throws he made wow. I haven't seen RG3 make those kinda of throws.
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 12-04-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Agreed. It wasn't a statistical night for him but he managed to not be responsible for any turnovers and did engineer that TD in the 2nd half that put his team on the top. Reminded me of the SF game last year in the NFC championship that was mostly about ball security.

here are their numbers ; just in case anyone cares.

-----------------------ELI-------------------RGIII
    TD passes.........16.....................17
    INT's thrown........11.....................4
    passing yards.....3170.................2677...(with 61 less passes thrown than Eli)
    rushing yards........25....................714...(by the way...thats only 120 less than Ahmad Bradshaw)
    total yards...........3195................3391
    QB rating.............85.3.................104.4
    pass comp. %......60.7%.............67.2%
    yds per pass .......7.4...................8.2
    dropped passes.....28..................28.

i know , you're gonna say stats don't matter......its the intangibles....
    RGIII has stats and intangibles.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluetribe View Post
    This is just a fad, they run a very simple yet different offense. Bob can make plays with his feet yes, hes fast as heck, but he will get beat up over time, people will figure out this scheme and he will nothing more than a normal qb. I give them credit for what they did, our coaches are dumb so that certaintly helps but as a qb hes hasnt show me much, they set him up for simple things and he executes, time will tell but im not worried
    Yes but you also have to account for that fact that Bob is precise with the football, can throw short, deep, and intermediate passes accurately. He's intelligent enough to understand running Qbs don't have a long lifespan in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    here are their numbers ; just in case anyone cares.

-----------------------ELI-------------------RGIII
    TD passes.........16.....................17
    INT's thrown........11.....................4
    passing yards.....3170.................2677...(with 61 less passes thrown than Eli)
    rushing yards........25....................714...(by the way...thats only 120 less than Ahmad Bradshaw)
    total yards...........3195................3391
    QB rating.............85.3.................104.4
    pass comp. %......60.7%.............67.2%
    yds per pass .......7.4...................8.2
    dropped passes.....28..................28.

i know , you're gonna say stats don't matter......its the intangibles....
    RGIII has stats and intangibles.
    If you want to be really cruel compare RG3s to Eli's rookie numbers. Don't get me wrong, I love Eli and ESPNs lovefest for RG3 is over the top but he deserves more credit than being called a "fad".

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    It's like this teams gets retarted when we play division rivals....Pass was working to perfection the first half and you basically stop throwing lol. Oh man this team....
    Yeah, why is Gillbride so stubborn and keeps running with Bradshaw, when Eli was throwing accurate? What happened to the no huddle that Eli does well with?
    Getting back to topic at hand, RG111's game last night was nothing near spectacular, yet the win was blown way out of proportion. Its not like he had an amazing 4th quarter comeback with 3 touchdowns. It was simply a sub par game that was only won simply from a fluke play and a few lucky calls that went their way.
    Gotta be in it to win it

therein lies the problem.....for him , he had a relatively off night...and still beat us anyway.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders