+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 129

Thread: Robert Griffin has mediocre game...hailed king

  1. #81
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,510
    Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    he averages more yards per pass than Eli
    Eli 7.4 ,
    RG3 8.2.
    same amount of drops....28 apiece.
    Are you serious how many more pass attempts are by Eli. You NEVER take everything into account when you give stats.

    RG3 has WIDE open receivers cause of his threat to run. When you have the safeties playing in the box and the secondary playing zone with eyes on the quarterback there are HUGE holes in the defense. Imagine if Eli had that all game.
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 12-05-2012 at 08:34 PM.

  2. #82
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    thats funny i dont remember us lighting up philly??? there is no shame in admiring him admitting the kids good, tip our caps and move on.
    Umm.... Philly was actually playing for something when we played them. They also had Vick. They also drop 7 to 8 people in coverage when they play Eli.

  3. #83
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,510
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    I like RG III

    but he will one day have to learn to read defenses

    every play they run is based off the option , play action and the zone blocking scheme

    go take a look at the Redskins 3rd and long percentage.......

    if this kid had to drop back and read defenses the way Andrew Luck does in his offense he would get killed

    at some point you need to read the coverage and throw the ball down the field

    RG III can physically make all the throws......but he cannot yet read defenses and sooner or later he will have to learn or he will end up an injured mess

    this is not college ....this is the NFL
    +1000000000000 perfectly said by you and 420...

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Are you serious how many more pass attempts are by Eli. You NEVER take everything into account when you give stats.

    RG3 has WIDE open receivers cause of his threat to run. When you have the safeties playing in the box and the secondary playing zone with eyes on the quarterback their are HUGE holes in the defense. Imagine if Eli had that all game.
    what are you. talking about ; the post claimed that RG3's completion ratio is better than Eli's because he dink and dunks.
    my stats were to rebuke that falsehood. Griffin does not dink and dunk more than Eli .

    and the fact that you must respect his run capability is an asset for him , not an excuse for completion %.
    the kid beats Eli in almost every passing category there is.

    are you taking into consideration that we have better receivers ? that Eli has 8 years more experience ?...
    .its all relative.........so either use stats or don't.

    but he can pass as good as Eli and run as good as Bradshaw.
    so either way stats or no stats , the kid is pretty good.

    now he could be a flash in the pan ..who knows....
    i wouldn't put him in the hall yet....
    but right now he is obviously harder to defend than Eli.
    Last edited by stormblue; 12-05-2012 at 08:49 PM.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

  5. #85
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,510
    Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    what are you. talking about ; the post claimed that RG3's completion ratio is better than Eli's because he dink and dunks.
    my stats were to rebuke that falsehood. Griffin does not dink and dunk more than Eli .

    and the fact that you must respect his run capability is an asset for him , not an excuse for completion %.
    the kid beats Eli in almost every passing category there is.

    are you taking into consideration that we have better receivers ? that Eli has 8 years more experience ?...
    .its all relative.........so either use stats or don't.

    but he can pass as good as Eli and run as good as Bradshaw.
    so either way stats or no stats , the kid is pretty good.

    now he could be a flash in the pan ..who knows....
    i wouldn't put him in the hall yet....
    but right now he is obviously harder to defend than Eli.
    RG3 doesn't dink and dunk more then Eli is where I stop reading.....

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    RG3 doesn't dink and dunk more then Eli is where I stop reading.....
    i know , you can never get past the truth.
    and when shown the proof you choose to ignore it...

    i wasn't trying to anoint RG3 , i was just giving him credit for beating us...
    you homers started comparing him to Eli ....its not my fault you don't have the numbers
    to back up your false statements.

    i am not putting him the Hall....i'm not even putting him top 5 right now.
    i just put him ahead of your BFF. and trust me ,that is no where near idolatry.

    @G4life.....

    this post applies to you too.
    Last edited by stormblue; 12-05-2012 at 09:26 PM.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

  7. #87
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    east northport, suffolk county
    Posts
    40
    He's the flavor of the month, much the same way Cam Newton was last year. Having said that, I like the kid. He has great poise and leadership skills, qualities you can't really teach.

    By being so effective with ball fakes, the LB's stay close to the line that much longer allowing his slot receivers to get behind the front seven and into the secondary. The result is the slants and in-cuts that he throws to don't have to be threaded into tight windows. I thought he was an accurate passer, but now I'm not so sure. We'll see how the league adjusts to him and how he counters that. I think he's going to be a pain in the arse for many years, provided he doesn't take too many hits along the way.

  8. #88
    People really should calm down about RGIII. He is definitely a good QB that present a unique threat, but he definitely can be contained and stopped. He has a long way to go in the league to compare with Eli. Every QB has his style and I would personally take a pocket passer over a run oriented QB any day. If you want your QB to run a lot, be prepared for some injuries. Of course there are so many intangibles during a season and right now the Giants are in 1st place and still control their destiny.

  9. #89
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6
    I am hardcore Giants fan. What I saw in this kid at QB is that he is brilliant. However, he will not last if he keeps taking a pounding. He can pass with some of the best of them and he is just a kid. The pounding won't hold up and he will adjust I think. I like him but not the skins...lol.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,023
    I fail to understand how a guy who has a QB rating over 100 and only 4 ints in 12 games can't read defenses? Are y'all talking about pre snap? If he looks at his 1st read and he's open, why look at his 2nd option? Lol

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts