+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants' Linebacker Jacquian Williams Ready To Return To Defense At Opportune Time

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ian_wil_1.html

Excerpt: "Doctors informed Jacquian Williams that the sprained PCL he suffered against the 49ers in Week 6 would sideline him for six to eight weeks. Williams was more optimistic. Before the Giants’ bye week, Williams said he expected to return in time to be on the field against the Packers in Week 12.

But, as often is the case, doctor knows best and Williams is expected to make his return Sunday against the Saints — seven weeks after he sustained the injury.

“It’s time. I practiced better,” the second-year linebacker out of South Florida said. “My team can use me, and I’m ready.”

Williams is officially listed as probable for Sunday and said he was awaiting the doctors and coaching staff’s clearance Friday. He practiced all week and was a full participant for the first time Friday.

Williams, who played a hybrid safety-linebacker position earlier in the season, said he expects similar responsibilities and playing time to what he earned in the season’s first six games. Williams played a season-high 30 snaps in the opener against the Cowboys, and was in on 40 percent of the defense’s 298 snaps in the first five weeks.

“I don’t expect my role to change at all,” Williams said. “My speed is something that my team looks for me to do and I’m using my speed wherever they choose for me to go.”

That speed returns at an opportune time. Williams will be an option utilized to contend with the Saints’ myriad of weapons, notably the shifty Darren Sproles out of the backfield and the athletic Jimmy Graham at tight end.

“He adds a more explosive, athletic factor to our defense,” linebacker Michael Boley said of Williams. “He’s a tremendous athlete.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Lightbulb Seems Jacquian Williams may play this week.... what a HUGE boost that would be

Could certainly use his speed, athleticism and tackling vs the freaks N.O. has in their receiving corps.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

A guy who cant stay on the field and is mediocre at playing TEs? What great expectations do you have of him. Hes really no better than Boley Kiwi or Rivers. Mostly special teams honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    A guy who cant stay on the field and is mediocre at playing TEs? What great expectations do you have of him. Hes really no better than Boley Kiwi or Rivers. Mostly special teams honestly.
    After watching his rookie season I have HIGH expectations for his future. But lets just get him back on the field first.

Adds flexibility to our defense, but hard to imagine that someone who is still only a maybe to play this week, not to mention a guy who hasn't been healthy all year, will make a noticeable difference immediately. It is huge for him to play, and get into a groove with playoffs coming around -- but playoffs is where it'll pay dividends. Graham will eat him alive if he isn't completely healthy, and he'd give him a hard time even if he was 100%.

The big nickel package, and it's success will be key in how we defend the Saints passing game. However, Mark Ingram is a guy to look out for in this game. If they let him get into a groove with 15+ carries, I think our pass-oriented defensive gameplan (not to mention our occasional susceptibility to the run) can seriously hinder us.

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    Boley has been terrible at covering TE's. When J-will was playing he didn't do all that bad. To me he has the speed to keep up with Jimmy Graham will he stoop him, that is the question

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ian_wil_1.html

Excerpt: "Doctors informed Jacquian Williams that the sprained PCL he suffered against the 49ers in Week 6 would sideline him for six to eight weeks. Williams was more optimistic. Before the Giants’ bye week, Williams said he expected to return in time to be on the field against the Packers in Week 12.

But, as often is the case, doctor knows best and Williams is expected to make his return Sunday against the Saints — seven weeks after he sustained the injury.

“It’s time. I practiced better,” the second-year linebacker out of South Florida said. “My team can use me, and I’m ready.”

Williams is officially listed as probable for Sunday and said he was awaiting the doctors and coaching staff’s clearance Friday. He practiced all week and was a full participant for the first time Friday.

Williams, who played a hybrid safety-linebacker position earlier in the season, said he expects similar responsibilities and playing time to what he earned in the season’s first six games. Williams played a season-high 30 snaps in the opener against the Cowboys, and was in on 40 percent of the defense’s 298 snaps in the first five weeks.

“I don’t expect my role to change at all,” Williams said. “My speed is something that my team looks for me to do and I’m using my speed wherever they choose for me to go.”

That speed returns at an opportune time. Williams will be an option utilized to contend with the Saints’ myriad of weapons, notably the shifty Darren Sproles out of the backfield and the athletic Jimmy Graham at tight end.

“He adds a more explosive, athletic factor to our defense,” linebacker Michael Boley said of Williams. “He’s a tremendous athlete.” Read more...

Lets see what he's got !

I still wonder if the weight gain he had is the reason he has had trouble staying healthy.
    Gaining 20 or so pounds over the offseason is probably much more difficult on his legs

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I still wonder if the weight gain he had is the reason he has had trouble staying healthy.
    Gaining 20 or so pounds over the offseason is probably much more difficult on his legs
    He's going to be rusty, but hopefully he can get acclimated quickly so we have him at 100% for the playoffs.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

this is good news.
    my beer drinking team has a football problem