+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert Griffin has mediocre game...hailed king

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    While the 4 picks are impressive, he mostly throws safe short passes & quick outs to his recievers. He has lit up a few teams like NO, Dallas & Philly thru the air, but then again, those 3 teams don't exactly have a great secondary either.
    Tell that to the Giants.

thats funny i dont remember us lighting up philly??? there is no shame in admiring him admitting the kids good, tip our caps and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    While the 4 picks are impressive, he mostly throws safe short passes & quick outs to his recievers. He has lit up a few teams like NO, Dallas & Philly thru the air, but then again, those 3 teams don't exactly have a great secondary either.
    he averages more yards per pass than Eli
    Eli 7.4 ,
    RG3 8.2.
    same amount of drops....28 apiece.
    the pen is said to be mightier than the sword.....
    but when is the last time your sword ran out of ink ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Christie View Post
    If this RG machine is so good, why doesn't it reflect in the standings?
    he has a lousy defense.....except against us....
    the pen is said to be mightier than the sword.....
    but when is the last time your sword ran out of ink ?

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    thats funny i dont remember us lighting up philly??? there is no shame in admiring him admitting the kids good, tip our caps and move on.
    That's right, but some of the stuff is really going overboard. I mean it looks like Justin Tuck has a love-affair with the guy and I read an article where the writer was praising him for fumbling the ball, because he saw the receiver open. PLEASE.

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    he averages more yards per pass than Eli
    Eli 7.4 ,
    RG3 8.2.
    same amount of drops....28 apiece.
    on passes rg3 doesnt do the option PA, his ypa is 5.7 or worst in the league for perspective

edit-and where r u getting ur stats from, i read an article yesterday that had his ypa at like 7.2 or something...

gruden even acknowledged as well as pretty much any fair analyst (altho it seems they hate to admit it) that rg3 is running a 1 read offense. a 1 read pass offense and 1 read option run offense.
    he does throw virtually nothing but high % throws, those quick up tempo swing passes to the wrs behind the los, the slant, and that seam pass 7-10 yds upfield. he throws a good longball, but with Safeties being paralyzed by that damn PA, its not as if his arm accuracy is whats the source for it. his success is based n that option pistol, and right now its wrking. im telling u guys, teams r gonna stop caring about the option and just level rg3 any time the option is presented, even when he hands it off. and washington will either ruin his career with injuries by not adapting, or they'll change to a real nfl offense and we'll see how rg3 is making 3 and 5 step drops...kinda confused as to why they dont do that at all, im not gonna lie, part of me thinks its bc shannahan is trying to hide a flaw...theres no reason to believe rg3 could handle what luck runs in indy while i could maintain luck could easily run what they do in washington

its hard to unlearn bad habits. i think this whole running a wildcat/spread option offense could end up being dentrimental to rg3 in the long run i really do

RG3 mediocre game? You must be a fantasy football nut. Fantasy football nuts like the original poster don't have a great understanding of what it takes to be a good QB. The stats did not show how effective he was. RG3 was able to make solid reads in the read option and gave Morris running lanes and Garcon the passing lanes when they needed to. Also RG3 was on the bench for damn near the whole 1st half. Please keep that dumb fantasy football insight out of real football forums....move this thread to entertainment please.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
    RG3 mediocre game? You must be a fantasy football nut. Fantasy football nuts like the original poster don't have a great understanding of what it takes to be a good QB. The stats did not show how effective he was. RG3 was able to make solid reads in the read option and gave Morris running lanes and Garcon the passing lanes when they needed to. Also RG3 was on the bench for damn near the whole 1st half. Please keep that dumb fantasy football insight out of real football forums....move this thread to entertainment please.
    Thank you - please tell this to all these nuts saying the Giants D had a good game against RGIII because he "only" completed 13 passes (out of 21), he "only" ran 72 yards (but its ok because 46 was on one carry). People are thinking the Giants held RGIII under 200 yards passing - he could of thrown for 100 for all I care because whenever he needed a 3rd down pass, he got it.

You can look at numbers or you can look at the fact that RGIII did what he wanted to. The best defensive performance was the long drives by the O. If they **** the bed just a little less by turning one of those fg's to 6 we win.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

+ Reply to Thread