+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
    RG3 was a threat everytime he had the ball in his hands. RG3 opened up all the opportunities for Garcon, Pauleson, and Morris. We left Garcon WIDE OPEN ON A SLANT PASS...and why is that? Because our linebackers were keying in on what RG3 was doing. Our offense even tried to keep RG3 off the field, and they did....and that was our only legitimate way of stopping RG3. RG3 singlehandley fooled our Defensive front and made them insignificent throughout the contest. I was hoping we switched to a 3-4 in the middle of that game.

Yes the Redskins are a .500 team as we speak, but that does not mean they cannot improve on that. If it wasnt for they sorry secondary they would of swept us this year. I cant stand RG3, but you have to give this man his respect....we did not have many possessions and as a rookie he had more poise than any1 on our team. And also remember that Alfred Morris is also a 6round rookie as his sidekick.

We have Eli Manning and a veteran Bradshaw and a 1st round rookie against a sorry secondary and no Orakpo....and our offensive looked like a hot mess. If it wasn't for Tynes, we would probably be a .500 team or even worse.

7 yards a carry.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    I like RG III

but he will one day have to learn to read defenses

every play they run is based off the option , play action and the zone blocking scheme

go take a look at the Redskins 3rd and long percentage.......

if this kid had to drop back and read defenses the way Andrew Luck does in his offense he would get killed

at some point you need to read the coverage and throw the ball down the field

RG III can physically make all the throws......but he cannot yet read defenses and sooner or later he will have to learn or he will end up an injured mess

this is not college ....this is the NFL

I like him too but it's not like he designed this offense. This is all Shanahan.

Griffin makes it work and he's very talented but without fantastic coaching and a killer O line this conversation doesn't even happen.

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    i know , you can never get past the truth.
    and when shown the proof you choose to ignore it...

i wasn't trying to anoint RG3 , i was just giving him credit for beating us...
    you homers started comparing him to Eli ....its not my fault you don't have the numbers
    to back up your false statements.

i am not putting him the Hall....i'm not even putting him top 5 right now.
    i just put him ahead of your BFF. and trust me ,that is no where near idolatry.

@G4life.....

this post applies to you too.

I love when someone confuses statistics with the truth.

One is sometimes a unit of measure, one is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    total amount of yards passing divided by the number of pass attempts.
    pretty simple math.

as far as interpretation , its self-explanatory.
    but , for the less advanced students amongst us , i will explain ;
    this is the average yards gained per pass attempt... regardless if completed or not.

if there are those among us that prefer a less all-encompassing stat.....

yards per completed catch ......need i interpret that one too ?
    yards per catch ,,,,they are both 12.2.

either way.....he doesn't "dink and dunk" any more than Eli.

so just give him his "game manager" ...."got lucky"....."mobile QB won't last or win the big one"
    one time victory over a team that "we beat ourselves" and move on.
    next time we'll kick his ice-bucket. no big deal.

but in the meantime..hopefully Eli will do better this week and at least outscore Tynes.
    if that happens......maybe we can outscore that dinkin' dunkin' #9 for once....
    and you guys can have a reason to revel in your BFF's eliteness.

This is an excellent rant; I really like it.

I don't agree with the statistical blather.....which is of course nonsense, but the overall post is excellent.

Why do people keep saying that the Redskins have a killer O-Line? Its decent but not a killer O-line. Zone blocking and option offenses is built to help offensive linemen who are not maulers. Even when I was in highschool we had a smallish Offensive Line and ran a zone blocking veer offense and it helped us playing against St. Joe's, Don Bosco and even Teaneck when Tamba Hali was out there.

Shanahan is known for having smallish athletic offensive lines to incorporate the zone blocking scheme. Zone blocking takes the entire offensive line to work together and the instincts to know who to leave unblocked and during a double team (who to scrape off to the second level defenders). There are many trap blocks and pulls. This made is hard for our Defensive Line because when you are even in highschool you are told to fight against the trap block instead of running around it. RG3 was able to run the option from either side of the formation from the pistol formation. It was an excellent scheme for a small O Line and negated anything our Dline could do....It was a guessing game for Defensive Ends. This is why I suggested never running a 4-3 against this scheme. Many college teams run a 4-4 and 50 defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    I like him too but it's not like he designed this offense. This is all Shanahan.

Griffin makes it work and he's very talented but without fantastic coaching and a killer O line this conversation doesn't even happen.
    no he didn't design the offense

but he has never had to drop back and read a defense in his life

my point is he will eventually need to learn to do that or he will be captain concussion

this pistol read option is not going to work forever

my point is he will eventually need to learn to do that or he will be captain concussion
    excellent point and lets not forget how teams will go to school on him next year...this is a league based on adjustments...not saying he won't be very good, but Cam Newton was all the hype last year and he has been humbled a bit this year, not comparing the two but only time will tell with RG3.

this pistol read option is not going to work forever
    Big Ben made a career not being able to read defenses. All he does is buy enough time for his receivers to eventually run free. People said that Big Ben would be captain concussion as well, but he won 2 superbowls and still have the steelers looking decent. The NFL is about big plays, and these guys are playmakers.

Quote Originally Posted by alentown pa View Post
    excellent point and lets not forget how teams will go to school on him next year...this is a league based on adjustments...not saying he won't be very good, but Cam Newton was all the hype last year and he has been humbled a bit this year, not comparing the two but only time will tell with RG3.
    Cam Newton does not have any weapons at all out there. The blame goes around to Carolina's entire offense. Deangelo Williams and Stewart are the worst starting running backs in the NFL. Brandon Lafell should be a 4th receiver and there offensive line is the biggest joke of an offensive line (Ryan Kalil is about as overrated as Jake Long).

Quote Originally Posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
    Cam Newton does not have any weapons at all out there. The blame goes around to Carolina's entire offense. Deangelo Williams and Stewart are the worst starting running backs in the NFL. Brandon Lafell should be a 4th receiver and there offensive line is the biggest joke of an offensive line (Ryan Kalil is about as overrated as Jake Long).
    good points..cant argue anything you said..but Cam was the hype just like RG3 is this year..all i am saying is teams will go to school on him..time will tell imo.