+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert Griffin has mediocre game...hailed king

Question Robert Griffin has mediocre game...hailed king

Look, I get this guy is elusive and he is a great up and coming talent, but he puts up mediocre stats against our Giants and he's basically hailed the king of the NFL. The guy put up 13-21 and 163 yards with 1 touchdown. To me that's not even worthy of an article, yet it's 7:00 in the morning and I've come across 3 articles already just on my phone, and I haven't even picked up the paper yet. The lovefest this guy received last night on ESPN was sickening, I felt like throwing my remote through the television. They got lucky on a few plays that went their way. I get the argument that he did just enough to get his team a victory, but I'm not buying into this RG111 hype. I get that the Redskins haven't had anything worth talking about for the last decade, but please media, let it go, there is far more talented rookie QB's to talk about every freaking day. Don't mind me, just venting.
    Not the actual Man, Myth, Legend....Just a Giant fan since birth, I come in peace

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Christie View Post
    Look, I get this guy is elusive and he is a great up and coming talent, but he puts up mediocre stats against our Giants and he's basically hailed the king of the NFL. The guy put up 13-21 and 163 yards with 1 touchdown. To me that's not even worthy of an article, yet it's 7:00 in the morning and I've come across 3 articles already just on my phone, and I haven't even picked up the paper yet. The lovefest this guy received last night on ESPN was sickening, I felt like throwing my remote through the television. They got lucky on a few plays that went their way. I get the argument that he did just enough to get his team a victory, but I'm not buying into this RG111 hype. I get that the Redskins haven't had anything worth talking about for the last decade, but please media, let it go, there is far more talented rookie QB's to talk about every freaking day. Don't mind me, just venting.
    In about 5 to 7 years he'll be another Michael Vick. TO machine; gun shy from taking too many hits. That's just the life of a NFL running QB. Too many have come & gone. There 1st TD was a fumbled run for TD. How many times can you bank on that?

You guys are nuts. Vick never in his life could pass the way this kid can. He's also a lot smarter than Vick. Vick couldn't identify a single high safety look if it hit him in the face!

All-Pro
    In his prime Vick could make every throw. The Giants offense did more to help Washington win last night more than RG3 did.
    Last edited by Buddy333; 12-04-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Bench Player
    Morris was their key last night not RGIII. He look more like RG2 last night

Starter
    Yeah, we actually outscored them 4-3 in scoring plays and their one TD was a freak of a nature fumble recovery.

RG3 didn't have a monster game nor did he somehow single handedly beat the Giants. Yeah they won and I give them credit for putting up the points and holding the Giants offense off the field in the last 4 minutes, but this wasn't a once in a lifetime performance by the kid they call RGIII.

Quote Originally Posted by Snappinnecks View Post
    You guys are nuts. Vick never in his life could pass the way this kid can. He's also a lot smarter than Vick. Vick couldn't identify a single high safety look if it hit him in the face!
    What does he do that's smarter than Vick? Mostly looks like one read to me.

actually....he had a poor day at the office and beat us anyway.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

His best play last night was a fumble.

Bench Player
    Skins fan here an I told you what you would see. We ate a different team at home. We always go mad conservative. I wouldn't say that you stopped him because we didn't try to open it up. I hate it an I think we won't win a SB unless Shanny stops that. On the road its the RG3 show. At home its Morris with conservative passes. You would think it that it would be the other way around but its not.Also though, let's be real. It's not like your O sucked and he did nothing. He moved the ball but the D couldn't get off the field. U can't put up yards without the ball. I read somewhere that in the first 3 quarters we only had 26 offensive plays. That's unheard of. And that wasn't because our O sucked. U guys just controlled the clock an morris fumbled

+ Reply to Thread