+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I keep hearing RGIII this RGIII that

Bench Player

I keep hearing RGIII this RGIII that

Sorry but RGIII didnt kill us. Morris did. 163 yards passing isnt back breaking.

Get ready to keep hearing about it for the next decade or 2

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Get ready to keep hearing about it for the next decade or 2
    Yes ia fine QB, but everyone is saying he is different than vick and cam, and i dont really see it. He is good. But I am not ready to put him int he HOF.

16 touchdowns and 4 interceptions - what part of that isn't impressive? You don't even need to bring up his rushing stats.

Quote Originally Posted by 11to85 View Post
    Yes ia fine QB, but everyone is saying he is different than vick and cam, and i dont really see it. He is good. But I am not ready to put him int he HOF.
    Let's see what happens. Last year Cam was killing it and everyone was crowning him as well. This year defenses have adjusted to him really well. Let's see if the same thing happens with RG3.

Quote Originally Posted by 11to85 View Post
    Sorry but RGIII didnt kill us. Morris did. 163 yards passing isnt back breaking.
    Dude, it's not about passing numbers with him. He is a serious threat on every play. The offense they run requires defenses to account for all options on every play. It pretty much takes our DE's out of the game. They can't ever pin their ears back and attack. And when you forget about the WR's he is more than capable of making a big passing play as seen yesterday with Garcon.

Kid is a dynamic player. He is never gonna have the numbers of an MVP QB, but the Skins are gonna win a lot of games because of him. We just have to find a way to stop it.

Veteran
    I think Alfred Morris is who is making it easy for RG3 right now. With a running game like that any QB could be successful, except maybe Sanchez.

RG3 makes Albert Morris. This is coming from a Giants fan. The Skins were 30th ranked in rushing in 2010 and 25th in 2011. A seventh round pick who is good but has limited ability isn't going to catapult them to #1.

A large part of the reason why Morris runs the way he does is because the focus is so large on RG3 and what he is going to do so the Skins draw up plays with Morris to exploit that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Let's see what happens. Last year Cam was killing it and everyone was crowning him as well. This year defenses have adjusted to him really well. Let's see if the same thing happens with RG3.
    I don't get the whole Cam Newton comparison thing. Cam was great for fantasy football, but finished with a 6-10 record. RGIII now has 6 wins, and could possibly wind up 8-8 or 9-7, with an outside shot at 10-6. I'll take wins over stats any day.

Griffins deadly because he is the fastest guy on the field. He can keep it or hand it off at any given time and it confuses the defense. Though Griffin has been putrid on longer thrid downs.

His sophmore year will be interesting.

+ Reply to Thread