+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

#1 Draft Pick. What's gonna be the excuse this week.

David Wilson
    4 rushes for 9 yards 2.2 yd average

All last week we heard from front office it was Wilson time to step up & be the player they drafted as their #1 first round pick. All the extra time he put in with Rhino after practice was to equate to a lot more playing time & when I looked & saw a player who'd only been on this team for less than a week playing RB on crucial drives in the 2nd half that could have been the turning point in the game I got sick to my stomach.

Now what's gonna be the spin coming out of the Giant locker room this week when I'm sure they're gonna be asked a question like: 4 rushes are you kidding me is that what you call getting more involved & stepping up in the offense?

I telling everyone that will hear me there's more to this story than the NYFG are letting on. Something not just right here with Wilson. I beginning to think he won't be the player that Jerry & complany thought he was going to be.

I may be wrong but please prove me wrong. Let the player get more touches to prove me wrong. I don't want to see a FA pickup in the backfield when the games on the line in the 3rd & 4th quarter when we got a #1 RB draft pick riding the pine.

Now I feel much better.

All-Pro
    What the hell do you want him to do with only 4 touches? Its not like the line play has been stellar. Yet they're running screens with bradshaw and lumpkin for crying out loud.

He's a rookie and he's not ready, that's the message.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Zaggs View Post
    What the hell do you want him to do with only 4 touches? Its not like the line play has been stellar. Yet they're running screens with bradshaw and lumpkin for crying out loud.
    The line blocked well enough to get 100+ Yards
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

They didn't put him in for a single 3rd down. I want to see him try to pass protect. You think the defense has the clue at this point that if Wilson is in, he's running it?

He wasn't needed. Bradshaw was doing well

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    He wasn't needed. Bradshaw was doing well
    That's not the issue. We need to match speed with speed & that's what Wilson was suppose to bring to the table. A couple of the Bradshaw runs if Wison were the ball carrier could have been electric game breaking to the house TDs. I wanna see if this guy has it or not that's all. 3/4 of the season is done & we still don't know doodley squat about a #1 draft pick.... please give me a break.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    ...and Lumpkin is ready enough for a screen out wide?!?! Cmon! Beyond stupid. Play the kid

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That's what it seems to be. He is their #2 now because of injuries. You would wish a first round pick would play better, but it is what it is. It does not mean he is a bust. He is just not ready yet.

Bench Player
    Blame Killdrive ...