+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    14

    Jerrel Jernigan and David Wilson

    Anyone else like that play to Jernigan in the 1st quarter. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the slot for a few plays coming across the middle or a quick slant. I think that might force defenses to come out of the deep cover two they always seem to play on us. I don't know if he could take the shots but I'm interested in finding out. A couple screens to Wilson might not be bad idea as well. Give the kid some space and see if he can make some plays.

  2. #2
    I think the coaches are starting to evaluate Jernigan over Cruz. At least JJ doesn't drop balls...


    Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I think the coaches are starting to evaluate Jernigan over Cruz. At least JJ doesn't drop balls...
    Is Cruz a one year wonder or what? Hmmmm..........

  4. #4
    Not a one-year wonder. He still looks now like he should have been drafted at some point, but maybe a 4th or 5th rounder instead of the 1st last year...


    Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,321
    on one catch Cruz could have ran a few yards to get a first down, but he didn't want to get hit and tried to run around them, in every game he does this

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jakegibbs View Post
    Is Cruz a one year wonder or what? Hmmmm..........
    He's on pace for another 1000 yd season and he already has more touchdowns than last year. A drop-off was inevitable as defenses began to focus on him, but he's still very productive.

    He clocked his fourth 100 yd game of the season yesterday. There's no reduction in talent.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    He's on pace for another 1000 yd season and he already has more touchdowns than last year. A drop-off was inevitable as defenses began to focus on him, but he's still very productive.

    He clocked his fourth 100 yd game of the season yesterday. There's no reduction in talent.
    still down from last year, although if he had just half the drops he actually has at this point, he'd be on pace to exceed...


    Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    still down from last year, although if he had just half the drops he actually has at this point, he'd be on pace to exceed...
    Much of Cruz's 2011 production came from short passes which he took to the house. With teams now gameplanning around him, there are less opportunities for him to do that.

    The frequent drops are concerning, though.

  9. #9
    It's nice o see the coaches wanting to get JJ involved. The kid is gonna make some noise before all is said and done. He broke free down the middle late in the fourth but Eli never looked at him. Eli forced it to Nicks with no success.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Much of Cruz's 2011 production came from short passes which he took to the house. With teams now gameplanning around him, there are less opportunities for him to do that.

    The frequent drops are concerning, though.
    I think the drops are concerning the coaches too. Jernigan pretty much never saw the field after week 3 last year. Last week I saw him in at least 7 different snaps...


    Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts