+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bench Player

laugh @ perry fool

haha i watched perry fool's gaints.com interview and when asked what he wants to see corrected, he responded... "we need to get pressure faster." yeah, good luck trying to accomplish that rushing 3 guys.

as soon as season is over, fire his *** and bring spagnuolo back. giants wont win with fool's soft / girly defensive play calling

Bench Player

Re: laugh @ perry fool

after taking the lack of response into consideration, ive come to the realization that everyone is just in agreement. glad we're all on board

You are preaching to the choir, my man. None of us are particularly happy with Fewell and his defense.

Oh, and don't misspell words to get around the profanity filter. It's heavily frowned upon.
    I write differently from what I speak, I speak differently from what I think, I think differently from the way I ought to think, and so it all proceeds into deepest darkness.
    ― Franz Kafka

I agree, fewell needs to go. But what do you expect him to say? Judging from what I'm hearing from grant and others, the players don't even have the confidence in their own scheme. Time for change.

Veteran

[quote user="FishinTheSalt"]I agree, fewell needs to go. But what do you expect him to say? Judging from what I'm hearing from grant and others, the players don't even have the confidence in their own scheme. Time for change.[/quote]

Grant's comments were definitely telling. Who the hell wants to occupy a square and wait to tackle someone? That's pretty much what this has been reduced to.....nobody is jumping the ball, because nobody knows what the **** to do.

These guys need to attack....even if it burns them, they have to go with their instincts and talents.

Corey Webster playing zone is a waste of talent. Same thing with Ross, even though a lot of people dog him....he's okay when he's allowed to be physical.

He's a fool, I'm glad everyone wants him out of here. Or at least the sane ones.

Veteran

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]He's a fool, I'm glad everyone wants him out of here. Or at least the sane ones.[/quote]

3rd and 17, rushes 3. Case closed for me.

Bench Player

i almost feel like perry fool is playing such soft defense because he's afraid that giving up the big play will cause him to lose his job. what the fool doesnt realize is that his selfishness for job security results in losses for the giants. and on top of that, not allowing the big play DOES NOT make up for allowing 400 yards/game... its worse!

RETROSPECT:

Playing tough aggressive defense that allows around 300 yards/game (which may include a big play or 2) is WAY better than a soft zone defense allowing 400 yards/game.

ADDITIONAL BENEFITS TO TOUGH / ATTACKING DEFENSE:

1) Opposing offense feels flustered, rushed and out of rhythm due to pressure [***opposite reaction in all aspects when soft zone is played***]
    2) Forces more turnovers
    3) Builds momentum
    4) Provides more possessions for the Giants offense
    5) Builds team confidence
    6) Sets the tone for the game
    7) Takes opponent away from initial game plan

Id rather get burned on a blitz for a long TD then have them chip away on 3rd downs and eat the clock.

Saves time.

While I'm not his biggest supporter either - we can rush 5 and still get no pressure.