+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Next year NEEDS! = major OUCH

  1. #1
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    26

    Next year NEEDS! = major OUCH

    QB2 David Carr... he's done
    RB2 David Wilson must play and re-sign Andre Brown cheap
    WR tender 1 year to Victor Cruz
    TE re-sign M. Bennett and Pascoe
    T Draft first round pick + re-sign Beatty (cut Diehl) don't re-sign Locklear... groom Mosley and McCants
    G Draft a guard in round 5 and re-sign Boothe
    DE let osi go... draft round 2
    DT let bernard and rogers go
    ILB re-sign Blackburn
    OLB draft round 3
    CB draft round 4 cut Terrell Thomas
    FS re-sign K. Phillips and Stevie Brown
    K re-sign Tynes

    do we have the cap?

    Draft
    round 1 = T
    round 2 = DE
    round 3 = OLB
    round 4 = CB
    round 5 = G
    round 6 = QB
    round 7 = best available

    Am I blind?

  2. #2
    Why do you think DC is done? I mean to me he would be a starter anywhere else. Or not anywhere else, probably oakland or arizona, jacksonville, or tampa bay. But we just resigned him... if we let him go it will be to make cap room and we will bump up RP. All of these moves are assuming that no other players want restructured contracts..... so yeah this is a pretty good model. But you're making too many blind assumptions as well!

  3. #3
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    434

    No you r not blind

    I agree that we need more OL. Two picks one inside G/C and one outside T/G.
    We are grooming Brewer as RT, McCants as LT, Mosley at G. I would resign Locklear cut DD.

    I think we need another cover CB. We have Webster but he seems to have lost a step as he has been beaten alot this year?
    WE have Prince and Hosley who areboth learning. WE need another good cover corner. We should have 5 CBs total.

    We are set at safety with Phillps, Rolle, Brown Will Hill and Tyler Sash!!!! Total DBs =10 including 5 CBs.

    We need a run stuffing DT to compliment Joseph and Canty. Im disappointed with Marvin Austin. He looks out of shape and slow.

    I would return Kiwi to the DE rotation along with rookie Ojomo(=new Osi) who looked good in pre season.

    I would draft an OLB with speed and a MLB.

    If we can afford NY Jets TE Dustin Keller via FA if he comes cheap, he would be another weapon on offense that would open things up for our WRs and RBs. He would be another Jason Witten type TE. The Giants were going to draft him but the Jets moved up and took him. He is having an average year so he may come cheap? He would complement M Bennett.

    CB
    DT
    OLB
    MLB
    OL
    OL
    RB

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by paulj View Post
    I agree that we need more OL. Two picks one inside G/C and one outside T/G.
    We are grooming Brewer as RT, McCants as LT, Mosley at G. I would resign Locklear cut DD.

    I think we need another cover CB. We have Webster but he seems to have lost a step as he has been beaten alot this year?
    WE have Prince and Hosley who areboth learning. WE need another good cover corner. We should have 5 CBs total.

    We are set at safety with Phillps, Rolle, Brown Will Hill and Tyler Sash!!!! Total DBs =10 including 5 CBs.

    We need a run stuffing DT to compliment Joseph and Canty. Im disappointed with Marvin Austin. He looks out of shape and slow.

    I would return Kiwi to the DE rotation along with rookie Ojomo(=new Osi) who looked good in pre season.

    I would draft an OLB with speed and a MLB.

    If we can afford NY Jets TE Dustin Keller via FA if he comes cheap, he would be another weapon on offense that would open things up for our WRs and RBs. He would be another Jason Witten type TE. The Giants were going to draft him but the Jets moved up and took him. He is having an average year so he may come cheap? He would complement M Bennett.

    CB
    DT
    OLB
    MLB
    OL
    OL
    RB
    No Defensive End I think thats the biggest need by far.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    No Defensive End I think thats the biggest need by far.

    This.

    I also think its crazy to go into a draft with an assigned position you will draft in every round. That just completely eliminates value from the equation and we dont do that(nobody does)

    That said, I agree with your point about our needs.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lakenheath AFB England
    Posts
    3,757
    Just a Question Red. Do you have any hope in Ojomo/Tracy to step up or is DE an absolute need in he draft. I think DT is a major priority.

    Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

  7. #7
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    434
    [QUOTE=BlueSanta;615360]This.

    I also think its crazy to go into a draft with an assigned position you will draft in every round. That just completely eliminates value from the equation and we dont do that(nobody does)

    I am only stating what i believe are the positions of need, not necessarily the specific rounds to draft them. It will depend on the players on the board when we pick. With that said, I believe the positions we need are in my list.

    I think Kiwi returns as DE. I think Tracey and Ojomo will go into the DE rotation, along with Tuck and JPP. Thats 5 DEs.
    This iswehy we should focus on true LBs, one ML>B and one OLB with speed.

  8. #8
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    39,373
    I dont know why people expect so much from Ojomo and Tracy, coaches watch them every day in practice, if either of them was a great stud, they would get playing time in games. Tracy gets an occasional snap once in awhile, Ojomo isnt even active.

    Osi is gone, Kiwi is a decent rotation guy, Tuck is a shell, and Ojomo and Tracy have done nothing outside of preseason.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lakenheath AFB England
    Posts
    3,757
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I dont know why people expect so much from Ojomo and Tracy, coaches watch them every day in practice, if either of them was a great stud, they would get playing time in games. Tracy gets an occasional snap once in awhile, Ojomo isnt even active.

    Osi is gone, Kiwi is a decent rotation guy, Tuck is a shell, and Ojomo and Tracy have done nothing outside of preseason.
    I can say the same for any prospect coming in, even a high pick. you never know what you get until you see production. I personally don't understand the need to get a DE in the first round when there are clearly other pressing needs. A re-tooling of the personnel on defense might solve out DE issue, if we even do have one. I think teams are just better schemed to handle out pass rush, yes at some point its beat the man in front of you, but also coverage breakdowns, quick passes, there are other factors than just the DE's are horrible.

    Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

  10. #10
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    39,373
    Apart from JPP which De on this team is a dominant pass rusher that will be here next season?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts